r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Eastern Round Up-locations and date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:36am
We prefer Kentucky because of where we live but will consider anything within reasonable distance.  I do not like small tight spaces so hope to avoid that.  Lets all do our homework and come up with workable ideas.  The horse park was nice and we'd want at least that size camp site.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:00pm
It would be nice if it could be at least as far east as the horse park was as that alone took 10 hours to travel to.  Closer to Va is good.  I agree that smaller sites may be a problem.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
gdfaini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdfaini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:57pm
We missed this year's   The horse park would be nice if everyone liked it.  Would take us two days each way.  Ashville is nice too.  Also two days travel.
Glenn
Hyundai Santa Fe <-> RP 173

podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:05pm
I would agree with the "further east" contingent. There are lovely parks, state and private, on the east side of the Alleghenies. Ocean, beaches, forests, lakes and rivers in abundance! Perhaps consideration can be given to a location "over here".
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 11:05pm
The Horse Park is a beautiful place with a really great campground.  We would be willing to travel east if that is what the group prefers.  I would like to remind the group that wherever we decide to have it, we need one of the organizers to live fairly close to the chosen campground.  Five weeks before the 2010 rally, our campground experienced a devastating flood. When the water went down, 90 percent of the park was covered with mud. If we had not had a person to go and personally meet with the people at the park, I don't think they would have worked so hard to get the park ready for us.
In the past we have had the park chosen and the organizers in place by October.  This gives the group time to contact the campground and get reservations in place.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 12:43pm
I like the idea of a beach too!  Thanks for the reminder about the organizer being close to the location Pepper.  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:16pm
Sometimes you just have to choose a location instead of asking for suggestions. Everybody has a different idea and all you accomplish is too many choices and no place to go. If you build it, they will come.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Tink Tink wrote:

Sometimes you just have to choose a location instead of asking for suggestions. Everybody has a different idea and all you accomplish is too many choices and no place to go. If you build it, they will come.

Agree with above.  Also with everyone throwing out suggestions unless you're able to support your campground suggestion I'm not sure we'll make much headway with it.

Carrie and I are willing to help support and put in as much time as we can possibly offer to help set things up.  Personally we wouldn't mind some travel time next year but though it might be wise to try and stay relatively central and not push too far north nor south.  That way we aren't excluding those from those locales.  So more east is fine, and a bit north or bit south either way might be most accomodating to all those interested.

podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:41pm
What kind of dates.? What is the anticipated participation, R-pod and other-wise?
Just thinkin' out loud...
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Tink Tink wrote:

I agree with Tink.  The best case scenario is that 4+ people will agree to host the rally.  They will then choose a location that they feel will meet the needs of the group. When the location is posted, there will be people who will want to attend. It is necessary to choose the date wisely.  Too far south or too late in the summer will bring unbearable heat, especially for our Podders from the northern areas.
That is my "two cents". Big smile I will be lurking from now on. LOL Let us know where and when.  Coach and I will be there.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic