r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Eastern Round Up-locations and date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamsmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:02pm
Someone earlier mentioned Ashville.  What is the common opinion of KOA's?  My boss has been there and raved about the campground.  It's the Ashville East KOA. It's less than 10 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Biltmore House.  Such a beautiful area.  It's close enough for me to personally talk to the staff there to help make arrangements and I would be more than willing to do what I can.
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Tanner & Jay
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177
www.smonk.net

Let's go camping!
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 10:59am

Personally am not fond of the KOA idea.  I've just never liked the prices per night for camping at them.

Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by iamsmonk iamsmonk wrote:

Someone earlier mentioned Ashville.  What is the common opinion of KOA's?  My boss has been there and raved about the campground.  It's the Ashville East KOA. It's less than 10 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Biltmore House.  Such a beautiful area.  It's close enough for me to personally talk to the staff there to help make arrangements and I would be more than willing to do what I can.

Is it possible for you to check with the Ashville KOA for a group rate and get back to us?  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 6:01pm
We've stayed at a couple of different KOA's.  I think their prices depend on where they are located.  In a high tourist area, their prices will be higher.  The ones we have stayed at have been nice.  If the location for next years roundup is near us, we will be glad to help out however we can!  We would also be willing to travel if the time and place is right!  
Trypod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 3:25pm
We are game for anywhere.  We loved the Horse Park as it was a very nice campground and centrally located for most.  NC would be fine for us but a long haul - especially long for the Canadians and Michganders.

I would prefer it not be the weekend before the 4th of July weekend.  Since Steve was scheduled to work the weekend of the Roundup and can only take one week of vacation at a time, we had to make a choice between the Roundup and being with my siblings and families at the river in Michigan for the 4th as we have done for the last 40 years.  We chose the Roundup but not sure we could do it next year.
Sally and Steve
Bichon Sylvie
R Pod 171
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 4:59pm
Ditto on the staying away from the 4th of July weekend. We would have liked to have extended our trip but decided to hustle home to avoid the traffic.

What are people's thoughts on making it off season - May or September? It would be almost guaranteed that it wouldn't be too hot.

I am all for moving it further east. We have a lot of people in Virginia, Georgia and the Carolinas that were not able to attend because of the long drive. I'm wondering if somewhere in the Smoky Mountains would work for the majority. And would the folks from Ohio and Kentucky be willing to drive that far? The area is loaded with small private campgrounds that we might be able to take over for a weekend.

Someone needs to volunteer to scope out campgrounds and report back to the group. I would be willing to be one of the organizers, but cannot liaise with the campground unless I can convince people to drive to Rhode Island (The only really nice campground I know of in this area.)

The people who have been organizing the roundups have done a really wonderful job for the past two years and I'm sure they would be willing to share their experiences, but it's probably time for some more people to step up to the plate.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
iamsmonk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamsmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:40pm
I was thinking about taking a trip to the Ashville area next weekend.  Maybe I can check out a few campgrounds then.  How many pods and others attended the round-up this year?  It would be good to have a ball park figure when negotiating group rates!
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Tanner & Jay
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177
www.smonk.net

Let's go camping!
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by iamsmonk iamsmonk wrote:

I was thinking about taking a trip to the Ashville area next weekend.  Maybe I can check out a few campgrounds then.  How many pods and others attended the round-up this year?  It would be good to have a ball park figure when negotiating group rates!

I think about 25 or so.  There were also some extra folks there not in pods (family and friends).  Thanks for checking it out for us! 
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:29pm
September would be a better time for us.  
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:41am
Will people from Forest River be willing to come to North Carolina?  If you want to include them and are looking for something a little closer, there's always parks like Indiana Dunes State Park: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2980.htm.  It's right on Lake Michigan and tends to keep a bit cooler during the summer.  

The downside is that park reservations can be made no sooner than 6 months ahead of time, which may make things tricky.  Also, it's a very popular place to camp.  

Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic