r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slide out cover/awning?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide out cover/awning?
    Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 7:58am
I saw an R-Pod this week which had an cover/awning installed over the slide out, and thought it might be a good idea to keep leaves, etc. off the slide-out roof.

Have any of you guys installed one? If so, where did you get it, and did you install it yourself?

Thank you,.....marc
Best Regards,.....Marc & Joan
And....Tucker (our yellow lab)
2011 Heartland MPG-181
2011 Nissan Pathfinder
USMC 69-73
God Bless all our Men & Women in Uniform
alli-gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli-gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:56pm
When I bought my 177 I had the dealer throw in an awning for the slide out. My brother, who has had 4 trailers over the past 25 years, recommended it to not only prevent  leaves and debris, but also as an added protection against heavy rains. I think it's a good preventative measure.
Bruce and Ramsey
2011 RPod 177 "Alli-Gator Pod"
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:47pm
When we bought our 177 last year that cover was not available.  It was the subject of a thread or two. I guess it's out now. Will try and contact Forrest River to see if available.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
iamsmonk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamsmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 10:28pm

I too would like to get one of these covers.  Can you tell us ball park price?

Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Tanner & Jay
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177
www.smonk.net

Let's go camping!
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:41am
I would like to see a picture of the awning, if you had time to post it.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:28am
I'm interested in this, too. I don't see it listed on the Forest River web site (not surprisingly). Is this a Forest River product or aftermarket?
feo fuerte y formal
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:09pm
Aftermarket is where we are going..

Ours came with the mount on the body.. It will take a 73" awning.

We will be ordering and installing this one soon..
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:10pm
GRrrr.. no edit.. for those who don't want to click the link, it's $245.10 + shipping. I have ordered parts from this company for our A/S, been very happy with them.

GGGRRRrrrrr... now I find the edit option... lol.

But I guess at least proof I ain't a BOT... Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli-gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm
Ours was aftermarket, and I got the dealer to throw it in. I think he said the regular price was around $300 - $350, so the price quote Furpod got, plus labor, makes sense.
      Sorry no pics right now - I'm at work. I'll try and post a couple tomorrow while I'm at the campsite.
Bruce and Ramsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli-gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 10:02am
Sorry for the pictures delay -work has been a bear. I hate it when the job gets in the way of my real life! My Buyer's agreement lists it as "slideout topper", and it's made by Dometic.
Bruce and Ramsey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic