r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats the real width of a r_pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats the real width of a r_pod
    Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:09pm
I am confused on to as what is the width of the R-Pod trailers. I'm in buffalo NY and have no dealers to check on this myself nearby. The reason that I'm confused is because the manufactors website says it is 8ft wide and the latest issue of Trailer Life says 6.5ft.  I need a trailer that is at most 7ft wide.  My current trailer is 8ft wide and I cannot get it up my driveway.  I also noticed by looking at the photos on the website that the axles and wheelwells stick out past the body of the trailer I'm thinking this may be the reason for the different measurments I have been getting.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 3:58am
      You are right the extra width is from the outside wheels. It makes it a little wide but stable from rocking side to side.      David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
djgooch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 6:35am
Do you know the total width including the wheels.  This is what I need to know to see if it will fit in my driveway.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 7:08am
     If you go to the Forest River web site it will give you the measurements 96" is the width including wheels.        David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic