r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this happen to you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 1:38pm
Have to add a new one to this list.

Just happened today.  While picking up my Rpod from my dealer having some warranty work done.  Bad regulator on the propane grill and the microwave door sticks. 

Well as I'm hitching back up at my dealer in the back lot and whatnot, a couple walks up to me and starts chatting me up about the Rpod.  They were actually there to look at them and maybe buy one themselves.

LOL I think I made a sale today in my own dealer's lot!  LOLLOL
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 1:58pm
Just curious, what was the fix for the sticky microwave door??
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by R&T's Pod R&T's Pod wrote:

Just curious, what was the fix for the sticky microwave door??

Replace the entire unit!  LOLLOL

It's weird, you can use the oven for about 30 minute and it's fine, but if you cross that 45 minute mark at the highest temperature, then it is like trying to break into Fort Knox.
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 1:37am
Someone always stops and has some sort of interest in the Hawkpod.  Always have people asking questions.
Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2010 Silverado
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 9:53am
Most embarrassing tour ever: When we drove into the campground we waved to a guy out polishing his shiny silver Humvee. Behind the Humvee was an equally shiny Airstream. Later the couple walked by and commented on the "cute" factor. I asked if they'd like to see the inside. "No, that's okay." But I took them anyway. It didn't really register in my brain until later that they had actually said "no". No one says "no" to an r-pod tour!
Now we don't give tours unless someone specifically asks to see the inside. And experience has taught us to be a little more discriminating even then. We were uncomfortable when the drunk guy asked to see the inside. In hindsight we should have told him we were having dinner. (we were)

Has anyone here actually walked up to another trailer and asked the owners for a tour? Aside from at the Roundup, we haven't. But that was a bunch of pods and the podders love to show off.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 11:23am
Actually, we have asked to see a couple of vintage trailers.  I love them.  We toured an old Shasta and a very old restored airstream.  I, too, am careful who I ask in.  We stopped by a Pod in Florida last year.  I think the guy was in the bathroom.  AWKWARD!! Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
retiredtraveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retiredtraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by HuronSailor HuronSailor wrote:

"...Lots of people wanting to move up from tents or pop-ups are interested....".
"....Unfortunately, I have overheard comments from campground neighbors on two separate occasions to the effect of "whatsa matter, can't they afford a REAL RV? Hic ..." 

Yup. I'm a pup owner who just joined this group as I'm very interested in getting a small TT.  I'm very interested in the Rpod and there is a dealer quite close to us.

And I can't tell you how many big rig people think that popup people are some kind of 'trailer trash' (ironic, isn't it). Shocked
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:10pm
I like looking at all trailers.   I just find all the different ones interesting for different reasons.  Either that or I am just nosey. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:30pm
I have found that on essentially every trip I have taken with my Pod someone has come up, commented about its 'cuteness' and asked to look in the interior.  On my last trip, while stopping for gas I had one couple who diverted off the highway and pulled in behind me just to ask and look.
After setting up at the campground I could have paid for my gas by selling tickets.  I had about a dozen campers come by and ask to see the interior.
tsunami
Purdycat87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdycat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:16am
On our 3 week road trip I had several people stop and ask questions and I always offered them a peek inside which was typically gratefully accepted.  the funniest was the last day - I was at a Husky truckstop in Golden BC.  I was sitting in the restauarant with my kids and I could see a couple walking all around my trailer, clearly checking it out. 
I went out and asked if they had questions.  they asked for a tour.  I obliged and then raced back to eat my now getting cold meal.  That couple came in and bought me a scratch lottery ticket as a thankyou.  :) 
Another person pulled into the gas station while we were fueling up to ask about it and look inside.
I'm a widow but keeping camping going for my 2 kids in our 2011 176T with a 2007 Odyssey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic