r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mattress in our T section!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdycat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mattress in our T section!
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 5:15am
We have the 176T.  The pop out portion is 4ft by 5ft.  the blow up air mattress that comes with it, overlaps into the dinette area.  I wanted a bed area that would not interfere. AND I wanted a proper mattress.  My kids sleep in the bunks and at 5'4, I can sleep diagonally in the Tent popout, in total comfort. My CPap just sits on the bed beside me.  Its usually just the 3 of us.  If my kids had friends I can put kids on my bed and I can sleep on the table section.
I got a custom made foam mattress.  when we travel, the mattress just sits on top of the collapsed table.   the mattress is about 4" deep. 

I'm a widow but keeping camping going for my 2 kids in our 2011 176T with a 2007 Odyssey.
rpodsrfun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodsrfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:44am

Nice mod to make the whole sleeping arrangements more useful. I have not heard great things about any of the factory mattresses included in the units, how are your kids finding the bunk bed mattress? I am looking at a 176 and would really like to know if I should budget for replacements at the time of purchase.

Looking at RPod 176
2005 Honda Odyssey
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 8:24am
Originally posted by rpodsrfun rpodsrfun wrote:

Nice mod to make the whole sleeping arrangements more useful. I have not heard great things about any of the factory mattresses included in the units, how are your kids finding the bunk bed mattress? I am looking at a 176 and would really like to know if I should budget for replacements at the time of purchase.

As I recall, someone here on this list got the dealer to keep the mattress and credit them with it's value. Wish we'd done that because, a) gives you $ towards a new one and, b) eliminates the problem of disposing of the old one.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic