r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Operating off battery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripod girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 12:38am
Hi Ratdog....I am getting to the point of looking for the LEDs you mentioned in this thread...how did they work out for you?  Thanks in advance!
3PsNRPod
171 RPod 2011
2003 Honda Pilot
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 6:33am
Well the two I put in the light that mounts under the cabinet that's over the sink in our 177 were a must. The heat from the original bulbs was heating up the stuff inside the cabinet. My original plan was to add some spacers between the light fixture and the cabinet to allow for some air space but the LED's were a much better solution. But they are very bright. I ended up putting a strip of black electrical tape on the inside of the lenses to cut down the intensity when you look directly at them.
We tried some others of different sizes and different light intensities in other lights in the rpod and haven't really found any we like better than the bulbs that are already there.

So the one in the kitchen area solved a problem for us (too much heat) but we don't like them well enough to replace any of the other bulbs with LED's. Some are not as bad as others but most of the ones I've bought give off an intense bight white that's very unnatural-looking and not unlike what you might expect aliens from another planet to use on their landing craft <LOL>.

Maybe others here have found ones they like better.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
tripod girls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripod girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 12:37pm
Thank you for the information....I will go on to website suggested and try a few out. 
3PsNRPod
171 RPod 2011
2003 Honda Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripod girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 12:42pm

Greetings,
Any up date on the LED install?
Also if you could please post web site were from.

Thanks again
WWR

Hi Ron..Ratdog has the link posted on page 1 of this thread...I have not purchased yet ...but hopefully soon...will post any findings.
3PsNRPod
171 RPod 2011
2003 Honda Pilot
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 1:53pm
Those LED panels are super bright. My buddy has a headlamp that has one in it. Unbelievable how much light they put out. 
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 3:22pm
I have been buying my led panels from ebay for about $5.00 a piece including the shipping, which is a really good price. They ship from overseas however and take about two weeks to get. I have put them  into several of the inside lights on our 177.

Look for "SMD 36 LED" and there should be lots of listings.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by kmcmurph kmcmurph wrote:

I have been buying my led panels from ebay for about $5.00 a piece including the shipping, which is a really good price. They ship from overseas however and take about two weeks to get. I have put them  into several of the inside lights on our 177.

Look for "SMD 36 LED" and there should be lots of listings.

That's where I've been buying mine. Shipping does take a couple of weeks, but I always get them.

Note that the SMD 36 LED are the ones I put over our sink. They are extremely bright, so bright that I can't look directly at them. I found the 24, 16, and 12 LED's to be much more "eyeball friendly".

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Skooterpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 8:19pm
My understanding is R-Pod lights are T10, which is the same as the wedge type plug.  Is this correct?

Just checking before ordering a few. Thanks much.  
2011 RP-177
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:17am
Yes, the interior lights are the wedge base. My exterior light is like a regular 1156 automotive marker bulb.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripod girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 11:39am
Thank you for all the help on this...I really appreciate it!
3PsNRPod
171 RPod 2011
2003 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic