r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outside Shower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli-gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 10:38pm

Bruce and Ramsey
2011 RPod 177 "Alli-Gator Pod"
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L
alli-gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli-gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 11:14pm
Irene is gone, and it was a nice day to install my outside shower. I measured the opening on the slide out wall, just under the sink. It was easy to cut through the panels. I fastened the shower box with silicone caulk and stainless steel screws. To plumb it, I made a couple of 1/2" CPVC tee fittings. I then unfastened the sink riser hoses, attached them to the tees, and used two new hoses to attach to both the sink and shower. As you can see, it works. Now the next time we go to the beach or hiking with the dog, we'll be all set.

Bruce and Ramsey
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 11:23pm
That is a really nice mod, and looked pretty straight forward, I may try this on the Pod when the weather starts to cool down.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 8:28am
Great mod. Nice work.Beer
Are the CPVC fittings that go to the hose ends threaded or slip ? What size ? Looks like 2 tees some pipe and some clamps. When you have time could you post a material list?
Thanks
WWR 
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
alli-gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli-gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 10:52am

The tee manifolds were easy. I took a 1/2" female CPVC tee, cemented in some short lengths of CPVC pipe, and then cemented in 1/2" female threaded fittings. The supply line goes into one fitting, then 1/2" flexible riser tubes go to both the sink and shower. I thought about just cutting the sink supply lines and clamping in a barbed tee fitting, but I like to make things so I can easily disassemble them. Either way would work. The shower box wasn't hard to do. I marked the top and right side flange locations to match up with the lower refrigerator vent - so it would look more like a factory install. I measured in to the actual box dimensions (about 11"x6"), drilled four corner holes and used a hand jig saw to finish the cuts. I did have to cut through a square metal wall support - I ran a piece of aluminum angle screwed into each adjacent joist just to give it support. I'm not even sure I needed to do that, but better safe then sorry. I put a bead of white exterior grade silicone caulk around the opening, and used hex headed self tapping stainless steel screws to attach the box to the Rpod. I picked up everything except the shower box at my local Lowes. The box was from Amazon.com (see earlier post). Overall, it took me about 2 1/2 hrs to complete. Thanks for all the kind words.

PS - The cost was $58.07 for the shower assembly delivered, and probably another $25 to $30 in misc. stuff.
Bruce and Ramsey
bumc1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
ooh another idea for me and my Dad. Really like that mod.
Lisa
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 6:16pm
Interesting, the feeds to the sink faucet on our 2010 RP171 are pex tubing - barely flexible- not the nice flex tubing you have. My shower install won't be quite so easy as I will have to insert a tee into the straight feeds to the faucet and get the length just right to screw back them on to the faucet :(.   I plan to use typical faucet flex leads to the outside unit from the tee.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:17am
Here is the mod we did, it is only a coil hose plumbed to the cold water line in the bathroom. We use it to fill the dogs buckets and to hose off black top as needed.

Karl
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic