r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burning Man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burning Man
    Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:54pm
My son bought an extra ticket to the Burning Man event in Black Rock, Nevada and talked me into going with him.  I'll be staying in the Pod and he plans to construct a yurt.  This is definitely something out of the ordinary for me and I hope I survive the experience with sanity intact, or at least as much as it ever is!  Has anyone taken their R-Pod to the Burning Man and is anyone else on this forum planning to go?  The Airstream Community Forum actually has a theme camp there for Airstreamers.

Bob 
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:34pm
I didn't know what you were talking about, so I looked it up. Interesting stuff. I hope you'll post your post-event impressions.
feo fuerte y formal
cmjmoore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 5:09pm
We absolutely want pictures. Sounds like fun... Clark
TRI-POD
Me, my Honey & Max our GSP
2013 Surveyor SP 240
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:21pm
We've never been,  but several caver friends of ours go.  Very unique photo ops for sure.  Enjoy!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 12:29pm
Have family that has been/goes.. It is a popular thing with airstreamers for sure, have friends in that group that have been also. I wouldn't mind going, but don't think the Mrs. would enjoy it one bit, and looks hard on large furry critters too..
69boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 1:15pm
Thanks for your responses.  I'll definitely post about the adventure and pictures as well.  I talked to a guy at work who has gone 3 times and he gave me helpful survival tips.  It sounds like a really cool gathering and a great opportunity to meet all kinds of people!

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic