r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with Pets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panzer's a lookout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IPodAlong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IPodAlong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panzer's a lookout
    Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:56pm
I originally saw the poem about the red hats and purple dresses and thought that was me.  Then I saw the Red Hat ladies and they were all "duded" out.  I didn't think that was the purpose of the poem so I created the Red Hat floaters.  We bought ours at Goodwill.  Abby (the Golden) thinks she's a hood ornament because even though I bought another kayak with a larger hole, she will not lay down so yep, I can look my way into the rapids but after that, I'm guessing cuz I can't see around her.
So I finally figured out how to make a hat to stay on and  shade her eyes.  We stop frequently and everyone on the float gives her a workout by throwing things or playing keep away.
Tired girl.  She's had a long day.
WE MISS SUMMER!
2010 Rp 171
Towed with 2011 Ford Expedition
Co-pilots: Abby & Brownie
"No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -- Anon
happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:04pm
I love it!!  Sassy would be in the water pulling the canoe!!!
Steve&Kathy
2010 Traverse
174 2009
Sassy too Golden Retriever
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:03am
So cute!! 
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
pentachris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentachris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 11:10pm
Go, Panzer, go! :D
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:17pm
It is variable as to how long I can keep her in the boat.  I try to get her tired before we even get in.  On that day at Tygart Lake State Park WV, we just kayaked for about 20 minutes before beaching and going swimming as it was too hot to stay in the sun and water.    The water and shore was great for swimming.   I would definitely go back if I was in the area.   As there was no current (other than boat wakes) I wasn't being too diligent about making her sit down.  Normally, when on the river or in areas that may be a little more risky, I don't like her to sit up like this.   She tends to throw off my center of gravity. 

We were at Mt Storm lake the day before and the water is heated by the electric plant that uses it for cooling the plant and I think that water was 80 degrees.  As it was cooler that day, it was great to have the warmer water. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:08pm
Always love seeing Panzer getting to be on the water!

Those are pretty awesome pics too.

How long is Panzer okay with staying dry before deciding to go swimming on outings like that?
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 8:19pm
I would like to say that she is scanning the water for obstacles but I am realistic.  I think she is really looking for sticks to fetch.  

She is also recreating a scene from the movie Titanic.  At least we didn't sink.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic