r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Interior Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 10:58pm
Hi Jim!

Have a great and safe trip to Glacier National Park!  We went to Jasper National Park for a week in July this year.  It is also very beautiful...one day make it up a little more north!  I only use the fridge on battery when we are travelling on the road...when we get to our campsite if it has no power then we always switch to Lp immediately...take some pics of your trip...have not been to Glacier in many years. Happy podding!!!
R-Pod 176, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 10:33am
We replaced all of our light with LED except for the one above the washroom sink. We just got back from Glacier and they helped a lot. We ran the generator everyday to replenish the batteries; however, there was a day, when I ran out of battery juice. I ended up jumping my batteries to start my generator...LOL.

We're such bad dry campers, that we used about 30 gals of water a day. Thank goodness for the tote and a HUGE fresh water tank Thumbs Up

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:49pm
Yeah   ...I cut over to LED's a while ago. Amazing how much less power they consume for the amount of light produced.

Mj
rollinstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 6:26pm
I want to replace my 921s w/ LEDs...how do the 921s come out of the socket...just a gentle but firm pull? Suckers really seem to be held fast in there. It's just the bulb that comes out, not the hard plastic part, too right?
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 7:02pm
They pull straight out.  It sometimes helps to rock them gently while removing them.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 7:55am
Originally posted by rollinstone rollinstone wrote:

IIt's just the bulb that comes out, not the hard plastic part, too right?

Right.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 9:13am
Choose your LED light units carefully before you order them.  I bought my 173 used, and the original owner had replaced all the bulbs with 24 LED units.  They were much too dim for us, so I replaced them with the original bulbs.  The inexpensive LED arrays all seem to have limited output such as the ones I have.  It seems that appropriate LED replacements run $10 or more each.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 11:21am
WinkLEDs have gotten brighter and cheaper.  I bought a couple of LEDs from Amazon.com a couple of years ago for $20.  Even tho' they were supposedly the brightest LEDs available...they were not as bright as the OEM lights.  A friend of mine told me he had just purchased some from Amazon and they were very bright.  I bought 10/$10.  They certainly were brighter than the OEM bulbs! (I found that you have to insert them correctly...the male feed looked the same up or down...but the bulbs would only work in one orientation).
tsunami
rollinstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollinstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:55pm
$1 per bulb...wow, that's a great price! Can you please post the exact spec of the bulb you got...there's so many different kinds of LEDs...thanks!
Rollinstone

2014 Draggin'Pod 178

'97 Explorer 5.0L AWD

tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:44pm
WinkI bought the LEDs through Amazon.Com:
(AGT 10x 194 168 2825-SMD white high power LED car lites). AGT brand wedge type 7000K, with 4 LED pads in a 360 circle around the shaft.  They are not one-sided directional...they will give you the most light if there is a reflector built into the light fixture.
The advert did not state which 'type' of bulb they were...but from the photos...I assumed that the male end was the typical wedge with two thin contact wires sticking out. The blubs did fit the overhead light sockets...but when I first inserted one, it didn't light...I turned the bulb over and reinserted it...it lit...I don't know why it wanted only one orientation.  Perhaps the exposed feed wire contacted the light fixture contacts better.
tsunami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic