r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Interior Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nylaxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Interior Lighting
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:28pm
I spent a lot of time finding nice LED lights that could replace the power hungry 906 bulbs that are in there....   I finally ordered warm, 3500K bulbs that provide the same amount of light and run on a mere 1.3 watts each!  That's a lot less power!  I got them for a few dollars each, they should include these or offer an upgrade package!

psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:52pm
Where did you find them??Lamp I bought some on E-bay but they have'nt arrived yet.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by nylaxplayer nylaxplayer wrote:

I spent a lot of time finding nice LED lights that could replace the power hungry 906 bulbs that are in there....   I finally ordered warm, 3500K bulbs that provide the same amount of light and run on a mere 1.3 watts each!  That's a lot less power!  I got them for a few dollars each, they should include these or offer an upgrade package!

Can you share the info on where you got them please?
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 11:57am
We replaced our 921's with L.E.D.'s recently and are extremely happy with the choice.  They are brighter than the 921's and as already posted, using a mere 1.3 watts each!  We purchased thru Amazon.com. LLC from a company called Putco (www.Putco.com).   The cost was $ 19.95 / 2 bulbs (360 degree) including shipping.  I didn't bother changing the single bulb in the bathroom, never had need to turn the light on in there.  You know, hurrry up, take care of business, get out.  Any one need some spare 921's?

2011 model 177
2008 Ford Explorer
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jim & Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
PaddyMorris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 7:13pm
you just put them into the existing fixtures or did you have to change something there too?
Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 10:08pm
Unplug the existing bulb, and plug in the new, sweet and simple, I like that.  Changed 10 bulbs in about 2 minutes. 
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jason Podder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 1:34am
Hi!

Went to the website and there are many choices of bulbs...I want to make sure I order the right bulbs...could you please tell me the exact model of bulb you ordered...thanks very much...Happy Podding!
R-Pod 176, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 5:32am
The Putco bulbs ordered are under the tab that shows "LED pure 360' "  they are sold in pairs.  Just look for the 921 white replacement designation.  Those are the ones I purchased.  Have a great day.

2011 model 177
2008 Ford Explorer
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jason Podder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 11:24am
Thanks Jim!  Have a great day too and happy podding from your Canadian friend!!!
R-Pod 176, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 8:35pm
Jason,
You are quite welcome.  We look forward to seeing Glacier National Park next month in our 177.  We will be well South of you yet look forward to seeing God's creation in the Rockies.  Because of no electricity in Glacier we purchased the L.E.D.'s + have 2 marine batteries, will be interesting to see how many days we can get out of them.  Will definintly use LP for the fridge as I already found out that using the battery is pretty harsh on it, 1 day and the battery was on Low.

2011 rp177
2008 Ford Explorer
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic