r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill and Marie in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV Replacement
    Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 10:14pm
Finally replaced the tiny factory TV with a 19" LCD TV/DVD. Removed the old unit and just installed it on a swing arm attached inside the cabinet.  Can see perfectly from our couch.

Will secure with a strap for travel

2011 RP-181G "Wine Pod II"
2011 F-250 6.2L V8
2 Doxies + 1 tiny Corgi = 1 full size dog
TXBoondocker1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXBoondocker1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 11:30pm
Very nice, we had to replace our 9" with the a larger one, but have not gotten around to doing the arm thing. 
Steve & Carole
Scooter & Sophy(4 legged kids)
2010 RP-172 R-Pod "Rose Pod"
2008 Toyota 4Runner "Rose Pedal

How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are??
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Bill and Marie in TX Bill and Marie in TX wrote:

Finally replaced the tiny factory TV with a 19" LCD TV/DVD. Removed the old unit and just installed it on a swing arm attached inside the cabinet.  Can see perfectly from our couch.

Will secure with a strap for travel

What a great idea! Have been wanting to do something similar, but could not figure out the best place  to mount the swivel. I wonder if it would work as well  if  mounted of the outside of the cabinet, just to gain a bit more separation for my old eyeballs when laying in bed? Have also thought about replacing existing unit with another under-cabinet type with a 15 inch screen.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
PaddyMorris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 6:55pm
Wow so can you hook up a vid game to the unit? Have a son with spina bifida and while the little tv/dvd/cd/radio is great for him when he wants to go in it is small and he likes his nintendo and playstation. Smile
Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill.
GaRedneck81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaRedneck81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:35pm
99% of all newer flatscreens have video game inputs in the back. You should be good to go. Just don't buy one from Ronco.....
GaRedneck81
U.S.Navy-Retired
Heavy Chevy 5.7 liter
RP-172
Kennesaw, Ga.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:21am
Originally posted by PaddyMorris PaddyMorris wrote:

Wow so can you hook up a vid game to the unit? Have a son with spina bifida and while the little tv/dvd/cd/radio is great for him when he wants to go in it is small and he likes his nintendo and playstation. Smile
I haven't replace my tv/dvd/cd/radio yet, although I think I just take Myra's 22" with us next weekend and try it out.  Meanwhile normally my daughter Myra has the top bunk of our 172, and uses a tray for her 16" laptop for movies, music and games.  Plan to make her a shelf or desk type surface to get it higher off the bed.  (Myra has Down Syndrome is a 24 yrs old).   You might want to check out some of the new pads, small notebooks etc for him.   FYI Myra also has a smart phone she play videos and games on, as well as checking in with me.  We have a app that she can send me voice msgs, since she can't text.

LeeStar

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Bill and Marie in TX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill and Marie in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 7:38pm
The TV installed has two HDMI inputs as well as analog and cable coax so it should accommodate video games, no problem.  Bought it from Wally world on line relatively cheap and had it delivered to our local neighborhood mart.  The mount came form eBay.
2011 RP-181G "Wine Pod II"
2011 F-250 6.2L V8
2 Doxies + 1 tiny Corgi = 1 full size dog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic