r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of our mods so far.. with pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Foukers Foukers wrote:

How do you like your new faucet? We are about to replace the wobbly faucet on our 2011 177 and I was curious if you like the peerless?

Only 2 trips so far, but it's great. Way better feeling than the factory one. Having it off center is also handy. We needed as much room as we could get in there at the Spring Fling Rally to make our pasta salad for the bring your own protein cookout. Also makes it easy to get out of the way when you are working in the sink.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Foukers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foukers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:47pm
How do you like your new faucet? We are about to replace the wobbly faucet on our 2011 177 and I was curious if you like the peerless?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 4:37pm
Did a faucet change today. There have been several instances of the factory $4 faucet failing in truly dramatic fashion, and ours has always felt "iffy". So we picked out a new one and I installed it today. We also decided placing it off center would make it easier to work around/with in the small Pod kitchen.

Removed the old 2 hole, and found the old one used a 1 inch hole, and needed 1 3/8th for the new one hole fixture. So I made a guide to fit in the 1" hole, and drilled out with a 1 1/4 hole saw.

After that it was just a matter of dropping it in, tightening down and hooking up. The water lines were threaded the same as the old one. :)

After leak testing, ready to button furpod back up.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by 2DogSeniors 2DogSeniors wrote:

Mark,  what size, brand electric jack is that?  And where purchased?  You obviously installed it yourself but I'm not sure I could do that.  Will probably have to have the trailer shop do it.

It's this one. I did not in fact instal it. I intended to, but a FR tech at Goshen had a moment, and did it for me while we were out sight seeing. I bought it directly from FR while at the International Rally. It was supposed to just be delivered to the pod..

You really should be able to do it yourself, it's 3 bolts, and a simple 12v DC hot wire hookup to the battery. I have changed out a couple tongue jacks in my day..

Park the pod on level ground, level and chock it. Put stabilizers down firmly. Raise foot of manual jack off the ground, remove 3 bolts that hold it on the tongue, put electric jack in it's place, tighten 3 bolts. Run wire to battery box, hook + to +. Enjoy the wrrrrrrr of success.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
2DogSeniors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2DogSeniors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:03am
Mark,  what size, brand electric jack is that?  And where purchased?  You obviously installed it yourself but I'm not sure I could do that.  Will probably have to have the trailer shop do it.
2DogSeniors
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 8:00am
We changed out our converter, the factory one isn't/wasn't bad, I just had never seen it go into bulk mode, and I tried to send it there on purpose, it also doesn't have a de-sulfation mode, and I think that is important. AND, I had this converter for the Airstream, and then found the issue with the 'streams 35 year old converter and fixed it... So this was just sitting on a shelf..

So I cut all power, removed the front of the power distribution box, and pulled out the WFCO converter to compare.. Looked pretty close..

After removing the stock converter from it's hold down tray, I was able to mount the new, had to drill one hole. Wired it up.

I discovered, that in order to get the tray back in and clear the front of the panel, a little Dremel work would need to be done. So I removed the back of the WFCO box. Better airflow now!

All bolted down..

I was going to use the same wires that were on the WFCO converter, but they are aluminum, and just a shade to underrated for the load because of that. So I sourced new wire at Lowes for about $2.

Reference view of the stock converter..

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 7:38am
Added a door port hole... Bought the window on Amazon.

Added tape to the door for protection and to lay out my cut line using the inside circumference of the window frame..

Drilled a hole, then followed my line with a jig saw. The door is 1 1/2 inches thick, nothing but foam core and fiberglass.

Removed tape, put in/on a bead of silicone, screwed the two halves together, clamping the door with the window flanges.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 4:45pm
Ok, so some more mods have happened.. Here is a gauge panel I put in because the factory battery/sensor gauge doesn't cut it for me. I ordered the display and switch on eBay for about $3 total, had the piece of panel laying around.. This mounted on the wall next to the thermostat and bathroom light switch in a our 177. I stole the power from the lead to the light switch.

So now when off grid I know how my battery usage is going a whole lot more accurately.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:32pm
Another from last year, that didn't get uploaded.. In case you don't know, there are only like 3 key patterns for the cargo doors. And while it's not like we keep a lot of valuables in there, still like to lock them and at least frustrate a bad guy a bit.. lol

So we installed these, there are two cargo hatches on a 177.. they are :
Combi-Cam 7850R-L Large 1 1/8" combination locks. Very nice, and you can set the combo to any 3 digits you want. Install was pretty straight forward, just unscrew the current ones, and place these in position. We reused the pull, and really had to, because without it in place, the turn dial rubbed the trim..

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by IPodAlong IPodAlong wrote:

Poor Maggie is so confused!

It ain't the lights.. LOL.

as our vet says.. "she ain't no rocket surgeon"

But she's a good dog, and of our 3 rescues over the years, far and away the best.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic