r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of our mods so far.. with pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:18pm
Good suggestion, Furpod. I don't use regulator now. But it is on the shopping list for sure!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:22pm
Did a couple more things today..

Mostly 12v outlet in the "bedroom" area.. this picture also shows the replacement mattress..

Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 5:15pm
Furpod - Nice additions.

Is that the mattress from Camping World? We looked at one at Camping World and we're thinking about getting one. From seeing the way they're packed when new, putting one in place in a 177 seems like it would be easy. However, I'm wondering how tough it would be to get it out of there if I needed to (e.g., when I need to get to the water valves for winterizing or whatever). What do you think? Does it seem like you could get it out of there if you had to?

Thanks,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 6:38pm
Pulled it out today, all by myself, no problem at all.

http://www.rpodnation.com/the-mattress-seems-small_topic2801_post30585.html#30585

And, yes, it's from CW.. innerspring eurotop..

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FISHTAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 5:12pm
Furpod,

Saw you were thinking of doing something with the undersink space in your slideout...there is more room down there than you realize.  If you remove those panels that make the small "box" you'll find that the bottom is finished clear to the back of the slide.  I took mine out, moved the wires to a more tidy location, took one of the smaller "sides" and used it to block the area behind the drawers and called it a day.  Now I have access to the entire area under the sink.  Takes about 20 minutes, and gives you TONS more space.
bumc1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 11:57am
I have to say I am very excited to have found this site and my "daughter do list" is going to be lengthy and have to compete hard with my dad's honey do list when he get back to Texas in October. LOL
Lisa
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 10:02pm
OK, so it has been a bit quiet around the house.. but here are a couple new things we have done..

1st.. LED lights.. these are the eBay flat panel lights.. I think we have about $20 in the whole camper. The lights are all 12 LEDs except over the sink and in the bath, those are 24's.. They look good, but it's hard to photograph them well..

Our old dog REALLY struggled with the step, so I built a platform to extend it both under the camper and out about 2" also, much better for him now... I have thought of a couple changes already, so will be redoing it soon, but it will look the same...

and finally, the mini blinds were driving me crazy because I kick them regularly.. so we replaced the ones in the "bedroom" with drapes she made.

I really don't like the job the factory did hanging the valances, so I am going to make and hang new ones, and the one over the "foot of the bed" will incorporate a shelf.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Caverkim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caverkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 6:38pm
Love the curtains!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 8:54am
OK, so I don't want you all to think we have not shown the Pod some love the last couple weeks..

Battery cut off switch for storage..

But it did occur to me that the pod will likely stay plugged in all winter.. so not necessarily a massively useful mod for us, but hey.. I had the switch..

It's fall, GO CAMPING!!!

Oh, and the observant may just notice the LP tank cover doesn't seem to "fit right"... we took one of the 30 pounders off the stream and mounted it on the pod for extended winter/cold weather abilities... Have not thought of a good plan for a cover change just yet...
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 12:50pm
Where did you buy your battery switch at Furpod?  I eventually had to remove the one I had all together.  Somehow it was the cause of my battery draining all the time.

Not a necessary mod for us either, as the Pod will most likely just stay plugged in but your switch looks of better quality than mine so I might be inclined to try again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic