r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of our mods so far.. with pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 6:42pm
I looked and looked, finally found it at the boat shop in E-town. I really don't like them (R&W Marine), but darned if they didn't have what I needed. was under $20, seems very well made, but only came with 1 key.. hence the lanyard.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 8:24am
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

I looked and looked, finally found it at the boat shop in E-town. I really don't like them (R&W Marine), but darned if they didn't have what I needed. was under $20, seems very well made, but only came with 1 key.. hence the lanyard.

I think I'll head down that way then.  The one I bought was like $2 from Amazon and I guess I got what I paid for.  Thanks for the name of the place also.  I hadn't thought about boat places.  Not sure if the 'ville has any that I know of left so a quick ride down the expressway seems in order!

Thanks again!!!  Smile
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 10:02am
You *might* try Salty Paws in Fern Creek.. pretty neat little shop. I got a marine "outdoors" 12v acc. plug from him, and a adapter to blow out my water lines.. good guy.. great dogs.

I didn't notice if he had a switch, since I had already found one, but it's close, and you like dogs, and it just might save you a trip..lol
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 12:39pm
Thanks again, I think that place warrants checking out.  Seems great from their website!
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 8:32pm
That looks like a fine mattress, furpod. I plan on replacing my own before next camping season. What type is yours and where did you buy it? An particular trouble squeezing it in?
feo fuerte y formal
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Sixgunner Sixgunner wrote:

That looks like a fine mattress, furpod. I plan on replacing my own before next camping season. What type is yours and where did you buy it? An particular trouble squeezing it in?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/eurotop-innerspring-mattresses/2571

No problem putting it in..lol, it comes rolled up. You put it about where you want it and carefully unroll it in place.. it's a pretty neat deal, but it is under some tension.. Ouch
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:18am
I like what you did with the step. Our dogs always seem to navigate our step poorly. Can give ge me some details on what you did?

Karl
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by kmcmurph kmcmurph wrote:

I like what you did with the step. Our dogs always seem to navigate our step poorly. Can give ge me some details on what you did?

Karl

Just used 1/2" 7 ply plywood, cut it to width, for depth I went back to the "stop" and came forward 1-1/2" past the front of the existing step, drilled holes corresponding with the holes already in the metal step, bolted it down with a couple 1/4"x 20 x 2" bolts and washers, using a lock nut underneath. (I have decided to drill new holes because the plywood is not supported under the addition very well) painted the plywood with indoor/outdoor paint, then cut the carpet to match, stapled it down..
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:04pm
An update to the step mod.. I did this earlier in the year, but have been meaning to get a picture up.. My painted plywood "beta" version did OK, but started to delaminate in the spring..

I found a 48" oak stair tread on sale at the local home store, cut in half, which gives me enough tread to make a second one in the future if needed...  I stained it, put 4 coats of spar varnish on it, then added some non-skid tape. I actually bought 1 large piece of non-skid and cut it as you see.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 5:48pm
Alright, couple that haven't been covered yet.. so here is one I did today.. You can never have enough "plug in spots" These are USB chargers, 120v powered, putting out 2.1 amps to both receptacles, meaning TWO iPads can charge at once..

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic