r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of our mods so far.. with pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodBlogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 4:55pm
I like the outside shower cubbie.  Where did you purchase it and can you provide a link? 
Wyatt, Jenn, Holden & Tristan
2003 F-150
2013 176-T
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:12pm
The shower boxes are available at most RV dealers, or PPL, or CW, etc.. I didn't buy it online.. so no link to this very one..

RV Exterior Shower
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 12:59pm
Dang, it's a never ending thing..

Another thing we have "done".. this is a 1 piece carpet set, fitted to the 177 pod. It was originally available from Forest River, but they dropped it from the catalog not long after we bought our pod..

I have no idea if these are still available. And most people don't want carpet in the pod/camper anyways, but we find it's easier for an old dog to stand or walk on..
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
RRL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Hi There! Could you tell me the model # of the CurrentWerks Duo that you installed? I see quite a few -- UI-2222-DLA, UI-2222-DW, UI-2222-SW, 2216-3232TRW, and more! I'm so confused    
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP 178
2006 Tundra
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by RRL RRL wrote:

Hi There! Could you tell me the model # of the CurrentWerks Duo that you installed? I see quite a few -- UI-2222-DLA, UI-2222-DW, UI-2222-SW, 2216-3232TRW, and more! I'm so confused    

SKU: 2216-885-TRW
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
RRL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 12:40am
Yay!! That's the one I saved in my favorites -- thank you!!
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP 178
2006 Tundra
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 5:55pm
Finally got around to adding the dual LP bottle rack.. Unbolted the tie downs and such from the factory rack, then cut the welds holding the base plate with a side grinder, a sawzall would work also, then ground down the welds, spot painted the bare metal, found if I turned the new rack "backwards" (I think), I could even use the factory bolts and holes in both pieces.

Now to decide on a cover.. I like the hard ones with the little door in the top.. probably what we will go with.

EDIT:

yep, went with the hard cover.. added the cross tie down bungies over the lid, as on-line, many seem to have lost that cover on the road..

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:23pm
Added a 64 inch sewer hose holder, because the 15 foot Rino hose wasn't going even halfway into the factory tube.. lol. The sewer tube mounting holes are 64 inches on center.. the frame rails 61 and 3/4..

On the curb side I used rivet insert nuts into the bottom of the frame, then on the street side I made a bracket out of 2x2 angle, attached it to the frame with the same, then just drilled and bolted the tube to it.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
headcold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:00pm
I put something similar on my 172.  It was very handy.  Unfortunately, I must have scrapped on a nasty road in Utah and tore loose one end from its bolds because, midway through rush-hour Salt Lake City traffic, one end of it began dragging.  Passersby frantically motioned to me but I had no idea what they wanted.  I pulled on shoulder and discovered the problem.  I had to unbolt the whole tube, throw it in the back of the SUV ... from there it worked just fine.  Ouch 
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:49pm
When we got our 177 several years ago, I bought a 72" holder for a long waste hose. I've never seen them advertised but you can buy them directly from Valterra. You have to call and ask for them.

The 72" tube is a perfect length to fit inside the outside storage compartments. For our 177, the ends of the tube are available from either of the 2 rear cargo compartment doors.

And, no, before you ask, it doesn't smell inside the rpod and, no, there are no nasty drips inside the storage area. If it had either of those problems, I can assure you that I wouldn't be using it because my wife wouldn't stand for it <LOL>.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic