r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of our mods so far.. with pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 4:37pm
Did a faucet change today. There have been several instances of the factory $4 faucet failing in truly dramatic fashion, and ours has always felt "iffy". So we picked out a new one and I installed it today. We also decided placing it off center would make it easier to work around/with in the small Pod kitchen.

Removed the old 2 hole, and found the old one used a 1 inch hole, and needed 1 3/8th for the new one hole fixture. So I made a guide to fit in the 1" hole, and drilled out with a 1 1/4 hole saw.

After that it was just a matter of dropping it in, tightening down and hooking up. The water lines were threaded the same as the old one. :)

After leak testing, ready to button furpod back up.

Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Foukers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foukers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:47pm
How do you like your new faucet? We are about to replace the wobbly faucet on our 2011 177 and I was curious if you like the peerless?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Foukers Foukers wrote:

How do you like your new faucet? We are about to replace the wobbly faucet on our 2011 177 and I was curious if you like the peerless?

Only 2 trips so far, but it's great. Way better feeling than the factory one. Having it off center is also handy. We needed as much room as we could get in there at the Spring Fling Rally to make our pasta salad for the bring your own protein cookout. Also makes it easy to get out of the way when you are working in the sink.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:03am
OK.. so she wasn't really happy with the first go 'round of decorating.. so here is the 5 year re-do.. LOL

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 9:38pm
We were able to get to the slide area today, and get it's fabric areas updated..

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:08am
Well, after 5 years we decided it was time to do a couple preventative maintenance items, so we ordered 3 new D rated tires from eTrailer, and installed them.. No pictures.. they are same size as originals, 205 75 14.

We also swapped out our dual battery set-up from 12vs to 6v's. Our batteries were also 5 years old, and while in good shape, we wanted to do them BEFORE they might fail when needed.. so..

Ordered a box that holds a pair of GC-2 batteries end to end.. Bought Trojan T-105's from Batteries Plus locally.

Then it was a pretty straight forward installation.. Just need to remember the batteries now get wired in series, vs parallel with 12v's. I made up a short jumper cable myself, and reused the battery cutoff we already had. Bolted it down with some self tapping screws, put a drain hole in one corner.

Fits on the factory battery tray just fine..

Few seconds with the dremel to install the switch.

Wired up and tested..

Had to find some longer battery box straps to get around the new box, I screwed the guides down and ran the straps around the box and tray.
I also needed a longer propane hose between the regulator and camper itself, I think if you have the single propane install from the factory, this wouldn't be an issue because the regulator is mounted closer to the trailer, and lower.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
RandyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 2:28pm
Just an FYI for those that don't have a water regulator, don't turn the outside faucet on all the way, only open it as far as you need to, 
RandyB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 5:38pm
Back on page 1 I think I showed that we put in a couple 12v outlets.. well in the last 5 years, USB powered devices have overrun our lives.. LOL, So I upgraded to outlets that give us 12v outlets AND USB chargers powered on the 12v system.

'17 Ford F250 CCSB
TPS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 12:55pm
Hi furpod
Your mods are amazing! I only wish I had the skills to do some of them. One question I'd really appreciate some help with is how do I re attach a valance that came down (long sad story!). I see the 2 screws going thru the fabric but can't see how they are attached to the valance and the wall. Looks like there are some plastic anchors in the wall? If you have any pics or detailed instructions, I sure would appreciate it!
Thanks...
Tim
2014 R Pod 178
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by TPS TPS wrote:

Hi furpod
Your mods are amazing! I only wish I had the skills to do some of them. One question I'd really appreciate some help with is how do I re attach a valance that came down (long sad story!). I see the 2 screws going thru the fabric but can't see how they are attached to the valance and the wall. Looks like there are some plastic anchors in the wall? If you have any pics or detailed instructions, I sure would appreciate it!
Thanks...
Tim
2014 R Pod 178

On our Pod, the valances are held up with "L" brackets. Two screws into the wall, two into the inside of the valance box. I have heard of some being done where the screws literally just went through the fabric at the top and sides, into the wall. Ours had no inserts or anything, they were just into/through the wall board. When I remounted them, I made sure to catch the window framing with the screws. It meant lowering the valance about a quarter inch. Since we were doing curtains.. no big deal.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic