r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer Hose ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewer Hose ?
    Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 4:47pm
Greetings one and all,
It has been some time since I bought a sewer hose set up ,so I will ask the pros here for some advise.

What size hose should I buy(length),brand. What type of fittings for hose ends and how many of each?
Are most just laying hose on ground or using a support type system from the coach to the sewer?

Along with the hose I would think a good set of rubber gloves also.

As always thanks in advance.
WWR
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by wallawallaron wallawallaron wrote:

Greetings one and all,
It has been some time since I bought a sewer hose set up ,so I will ask the pros here for some advise.

What size hose should I buy(length),brand. What type of fittings for hose ends and how many of each?
Are most just laying hose on ground or using a support type system from the coach to the sewer?

WWR

Buy a box of latex disposable gloves and throw them away after each use. They're cheap and you prevent carrying germs around with you.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by wallawallaron wallawallaron wrote:

Greetings one and all,

WWR

Get yourself a Rhinoflex kit.  I think the one with all you need is a 15' length.  Very good hose and I agree with a box of disposable gloves and some hand sanitizer.

The Rhinoflex kit will have all the things you need for dumping. 
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 10:53pm
I also have a rhinoflex, but found that the longer one was more hose than I needed when at a dump station, so now I have a short 5' for dump stations and a long one for full hook ups.

Even with risers we are still pretty close to the ground,  I've put a couple extra lynx blocks under the hose sometimes.

Disposable gloves and some hand sanitizer for afterward handy too. 

LeeStar
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 11:02pm
15' Dominator and yes a box of disposable gloves.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

I also have a rhinoflex, but found that the longer one was more hose than I needed when at a dump station, so now I have a short 5' for dump stations and a long one for full hook ups.

Even with risers we are still pretty close to the ground,  I've put a couple extra lynx blocks under the hose sometimes.

Disposable gloves and some hand sanitizer for afterward handy too. 

LeeStar

I was not aware Rhino made a 5' one Lee!  I will have to investigate.
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 12:51pm

Box of Disposable Gloves

Sewer Hose Storage Cylinder; you may already have one on your pod.

Sewer Hose (10 to 15 feet)

Sewer Hose Support; to keep it off the ground; helps when draining.

Holding Tank Rinse with Gate Valve (see link); this helps if you have toilet paper clogged in the tank or pipes. It allows you to send water into the holding tanks from the bottom of the pod, and it is clear so you can see what is going on. With this you can drain your tanks and then flush them out all at the same time and you do not need to drag a garden hose thru the pod’s window into the bathroom to flush the black water tank and then drag the garden hose out the window again; which itself can be messy.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-Flush-Holding-Rinser/dp/B000BUQOAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314549367&sr=8-1

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic