r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hitch hight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Sixgunner Sixgunner wrote:

Originally posted by wallawallaron wallawallaron wrote:

...Got the Itch to do something but can't scratch until it gets here...

Of course the logical thing would be to wait until you take delivery, make careful measurements, then rush out to the nearest camping supply depot or box store and purchase the appropriately configured draw bar & ball. That would be logical.

But brother, I know how you think, because I think the same way. And I drive my wife nuts with my obsessions. On the other hand, I get things done. So press on! Thumbs Up

(and just think of all the cool things you'll have to do when that 177HRE comes in!)

Sixgunner, The only logic I know is Fuzzy .Wink
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:30am
     The optional shank was to drop the heigth from the Liberty. The Equalizer hitch comes with a standard shank but did not drop low enough to level the Rpod. If I remember the Liberty hitch reciever heigth is 20.25" and the Rpod coupling is 18.25". The Equalizer WDH did not drop the hitch ball low enough with the standard shank. We had to order the longer shank to level the Rpod.   David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
joe&carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe&carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:08am
Maybe I'm lazy, but I've never worried ahead about such things.  When we first picked up our r.pod in 2009, I let Jeff Couch & Co put their head around the problem and size everything to match our Chevy Blazer ZR-2.  Later we had our neighborhood mechanic put on axle risers and I let him worry about matching things up.  Finally, when we went to a Chevy Tahoe this spring, good old Camping World was there to measure things out when we had the r.pod in for other service work.  In the end, I want to believe that it didn't cost us anything extra to have it done the "lazy way."  Joe
Joe & Carol
r-pod 173
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:23am
Joe,
You make some good points..
For me it was not about being lazy,I enjoy this type of work.  My trailer is being delivered to me from the factory by my dealer.  I choose to buy my hitch online saved ($350.00) over what the dealer wanted to install. This is just what I want to do..I am with you on some work that I find to labor intensive have someone else do it. All that matter is that you or anyone else is happy with the end results
Happy podding hope to see you down the road.
WWR
9/11 Never Forget.
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 9:43am
To the extent possible, I prefer to do things myself for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I know they're done right. That, and it helps me understand the functional attributes of a particular item/task, which has been invaluable to me over and over again. I happen to live in a very rural area of the country where camper service is typically hours away, all of which tends to mandate a degree of self reliance. Then, as Ron said, I enjoy this type of work. I understand that probably doesn't make sense to a lot of people, but it's true. As Hank Jr. sang, "A country boy can survive..." SmileSmileSmile
feo fuerte y formal
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 10:23am
Beer. As Hank Jr. sang, "A country boy can survive..." SmileSmileSmile
[/QUOTE]

HandshakeBeer
WWR
9/11 Never Forget.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic