r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Huron rPod Roundup 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Huron rPod Roundup 2012
    Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 7:27pm
Tentative date is set for July 19-22, 2012. The place is tentatively set for Lakeport State Park just north of Port Huron, MI, in the Lower Peninsula. 

There are several other campgrounds just a bit north of Lakeport that SWMBO and I want to check out before we set a place.

A Facebook fan page is under construction, and possibly a web site. Stay tuned for more info.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
vsnlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vsnlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 11:50am
we have put the date Cool on our 2012 calendar and are looking forward to the FBook page(s)
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 11:57am
Another park under consideration is Lighthouse County Park in Port Hope, MI. 
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by HuronSailor HuronSailor wrote:

Another park under consideration is Lighthouse County Park in Port Hope, MI. 

Can we assume there are lighthouses?  i LOVE lighthouses!!!  Part of the reason we bought our Pod originally was so we could vacation and I could see more of them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:01pm
Oh yeah, we got lighthouses. 

Facebook page online:

Photos and more info will follow. Click "Like" to stay up to date.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 10:32am
Links of interest

Thumb area tourism council:

Great Lakes Maritime Center in nearby Port Huron:

City of Port Huron:

Michigan Dept of Natural Resources - Lakeport State Park:

Lighthouse Tour Planner:

Serious freighter watchers will want a copy of the freighter bible "Know Your Ships."

Quay Street Brewing Company in Port Huron. Get an outside seat and watch the river traffic:

Great Getaways - local PBS show with lots of info and photos on their web site. Free DVDs too:

Outdoor Michigan:
Michigan history, birds, trees, mammals, and recipes. Also famous Michiganders. Yes, that's what we call ourselves. Wonder if the recipes use the mammals?

I'll add links as I come across them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 10:40am
The best view for freighter watching are at Lakeport. It's also the closest to Port Huron where there's things to see, restaurants, etc.

So let's plan on Lakeport as our roundup location.
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:12pm
This sounds like a great place.  Thanks for doing all the work of finding interesting things to do.  We can't wait.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:15pm
Tell Coach to bring some binoculars to freighter watch with. (Xmas idea: Know Your Ships). Shhh.
Cityfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cityfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 5:37pm
Nancy and I have it on our calendar for 2012.  Lakeport is a great location....lot's of room and easy to get too.  Looking forward to the camp dates.  Unfortunately we had to cancel KY Horse Pk but will join in this year.  cityfox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic