r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So many questions.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennbrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:39pm
Great stuff again, guys. I am in Nashville, Tn. Yeah, the dome seems like a no brainer for us. I guess right now I'm trying to weigh the lost bunk size with the 176 and 182g vs the more space the slide out (and the possible extra storage the garage provides, 182g)?

Bc
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:00pm
PM sent..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by tennbrad tennbrad wrote:

Great stuff again, guys. I am in Nashville, Tn. Yeah, the dome seems like a no brainer for us. I guess right now I'm trying to weigh the lost bunk size with the 176 and 182g vs the more space the slide out (and the possible extra storage the garage provides, 182g)?

Bc
Brad, since my husband and I knew we would sleep in the bunks, we chose the 172.  The beds are almost regular size beds.  They are actually half the size of a king size bed.  I know this because I bought a california king foam mattress and cut it in half.
I love the model with the slide.  If the beds had been wider we would have bought it.  If your kids are not big, they will sleep comfortably.
I hope this helps.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:53pm

2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:02pm
We have the 182G, so I will give you my opinion on that model just for your benefit.

We love the outside kitchen, and use it all the time instead of the inside kitchen. With the baskets on the storage rack, we keep all of our food stored there, so that saves us room inside to store other items. In the "ice chest" area with the drain, we keep a small electric hot plate and a skillet, and all our condiments and spices go in the small storage bins in between the sink and the ice chest. Plus, the gas hook up for the grill is right there giving us another cooking option as well.

There is a lot of storage under the garage area, under the bunks, and under the dinette bench. The bunks are great size for kids, and fit a sleeping bag perfectly. The dinette makes into a good queen size bed, but you will want a foam pad on it at night to help you sleep more comfortably (we keep it stored in the top bunk while traveling or eating). The slide-out gives you enough extra room inside to keep everyone from bumping into each other.

We don't use the dome unless we are staying somewhere for 2 days or longer, and we have a 10' X 10' easy up that goes over the back kitchen (garage) area. That way we can cook, eat, and watch the TV back there if we so desire, or just listen to some music on the stereo hooked into the garage.

That's my two cents worth on one of your options. Good luck in making your choice of floorplans. The Pods are great trailers!
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
tennbrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennbrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:58pm
At the risk of getting banned, we are looking at an MPG182 tomorrow....Just for comparison....any opinions?

Bc

wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:06pm
Brad:
You are doing the right thing.  When your done looking at the MPG look at other manufactures coaches also.  I for one don't care if you have a RPOD or some other unit.  Whatever you get let us know and as I said before just have fun .Big smile
WWR
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 10:03am
Well, you got the 182 part right anyway... Wink
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
Elidh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elidh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:27pm
At the risk of getting banned, we are looking at an MPG182 tomorrow....Just for comparison....any opinions?

I understand MPG's will no longer be produced (nor will Heartland Edges).
Possible Future Owner of The Road King Family Podster
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by tennbrad tennbrad wrote:

Bc

Check out the Surveyor as well. Thy're pretty cool!

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic