r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R.DOME Storage ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.DOME Storage ?
    Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 1:52pm
Greetings one and all,

My R Dome room is being shipped to me.  How large of a area will I need to store it? Does it come packed in a storage bag? Will it fit in the pass thru in the RP-177?  Where do you store yours when traveling?
Thanks in advance. 
WWR
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 3:04pm
It does come with it's own bag, the holds the dome, skirt and poles, does fit in the passthru on a 172.

However, I bought (yard sale) two canvas bags, one for the dome part and one for the skirt and front (because I don't always us the front), the poles I just would lay in the pass thru (I've since added a vinyl fence post set to carry the poles, lights and miscellanous cords).

I find smaller bags easier to store and less clutter in the passthru.

LeeStar
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
iamsmonk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamsmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 10:06pm
We keep our dome stored in a large rubbermaid tub.  When we travel, we put the tub on the dinette bench.  The poles are stored in the handles of our EZ Up bag.  While camping the tub sits at the back of the pod and holds all the bags that hold all of our chairs, tables, ez-up, etc...Everything is together when it's time to break camp and stays dry.  When we break camp we shove the dome back into the tub with the track the last thing to go in so that it's the first thing out when we set up next time.  If we have to break camp in the rain, the wet dome goes in the tub, keeping the camper dry.  Then when we get home we can take the dome out of the tub to dry then repack it for the next trip.
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Tanner & Jay
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177
www.smonk.net

Let's go camping!
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 12:50am

It does come in a nice bag that zips up and you can store it in the pass thru r-pod storage area. It fits very nicely in the r-pod storage compartment with a lot of room left over for other things you might want to store there.

mtran868 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtran868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 1:28pm
How much did the dome cost?
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 8:01am
You can find them on eBay foy165 dollars. Look for Dometic tent awnings as Dometic is the company which makes the dome. Hope this helps.

Dockguy
2011 rpod 171
2005 Toyota tundra
RCP
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:01am
I just slide mine in one of my pass throughs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic