r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrenty Adventure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beargoodtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warrenty Adventure
    Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 4:59pm
Bought a new 2010 rpod 172T from Colonia Del Rey. They put it through their PDI process and I brought it home. Went over it and found a chaffed wire harness at the trailer connector, their response, "I must have dragged it comeing home". that was bull, blames it on me. I checked out the inside and found the trim above the tent inside was loose, one broken screw and one screw not screwd in. Their response "well we must have missed something but we take pride in our work". I found the stiching tornon the lower tent corners, when you folded up the tent it put stress on the stiching areas. No were in the generic owners manual does it say to take the tent off the board and Colonia did not know how to do it. Their response "we will have to sent the pcitrures you took to rpod", still no response. I owned it for a week and a half now and got the plates in the other day. Went out Sunday to put it on and found the left sliding emergancy exit window broken and laying on the ground. I called the dealer and they were reluctant to help say RPOD willnot warrenty it. RPODS response from pictures " it looks like the glass was struck by something", my Response well then why was not the screen damaged and no glass in the RPOD. Their response "orry we cannot help you". So far I have had all the blame put on me for every one of these problems on a brand new unit. their warrenty sucks, service sucks and the dealer sucks as well. Hope you guys have not had a experience as mine on a week and a half, what an adventure. Seems like they are glad to take your money, and then pat you on back and say "SEE YA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Harvey
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 9:03pm
Gary:

Thats a lot of bunk you are getting from your dealer.
If it were me I would try and talk to the general manager or owner. 2. Star keeping a log of who what and when you talk to anyone and what they say. Contact Forrest River there are some names and phone numbers here in a post,someone I hope can post that information for you. Voice your concerns with them again keep a log. Local news outlets have consumer help people also.  Do you belong to Good Sam or other travel club they may also try to help.  Contact the ATTY. General,BBB and lodge a formal complaint if you have to.  Last but not least get  legal help and don't stop fighting for what is RIGHT.
Just my 2 cents.
WWRAngry
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
beargoodtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beargoodtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 9:42pm
Thanks for the info, I am going to keep after it. I have heard that FR looks though the post and hopefully they see some of them. I am also going to e-mail and call FR on the concerns. I have found out too that the dealer, although rumor, had a break in awhile back and they stole the tv's out of them braking in through the emergancy window. I have emailed the dealership with this question and if mine was envolved in it. They told me that when they have problems they get the local glass comapny to fix them. So if the above is true and they are honest and own up to it then mine was probably repaired instead of replaced. I will find out as more goes by. I plan on, if I feel their response was dishonest, I will see if I can find any police reports that I can get information off of.
Gary Harvey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic