r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"T" Model deployment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beargoodtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "T" Model deployment
    Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 10:43pm
I was wondering if anyone has experienced opening and closing the Tents on any of the "T" models? I have one I just bought and the dealer had the tent attached to the velcro around the bed floor when they folded it up. I noticed when I got it home the next day playing with it the stiching has been ripped due to extreme force on it when you close up the bed into the trailer without unvlecroing the tent from the bed board. I have since unvelcroed mine and there is no force on the stiching. I believe this is how it is suppose to be done, but the generic owners manual leaves no discussion on it. Let me know if you havenoticed this on yours. the rips at the stiching is at the lower left and right hand corners and can be seen with the bed folded into the unit. Thanks
Gary Harvey
TheDogHouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDogHouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 8:26pm
Gary,
Your assumptions are correct. The perimeter of the lower end of the tent needs to have the velcro detached before folding the unit up. I've had a little problem with velcro attached to the solid base area especially when it's very hot out as the adhesive softens and tends to loose it's grip. My fix for this has been to take a small constuction stapler and staple the velcro every 6 inches or so. Other than that, it's been a really nice option on the 173 that I'm glad we opted for.
Steve and Rosa
2011 R Pod 173T * 2009 Silverado ext cab
beargoodtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beargoodtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 9:43pm
Thanks for clearing that up, everyone I talk to at the dealer is confused. I took my velcro completely off of the bed board. I then cleaned the bed board with charcoal light fluid on a rag, and followed that up with rubbing alcohol. Then I took and sprayed 3M spray ahhiesive on the board and velcro and stuck it back on. We will test it out this weekend but over all it seems really secure. Maybe in the future it will be too secure and will have to take power equipment to get it off...lol Thanks for the info.
Gary Harvey
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 10:14pm
I thought the T model was going to Afghanistan...LOL

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
beargoodtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beargoodtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 11:02pm
It could but I did not by the armored model....
Gary Harvey
Purdycat87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdycat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 4:24pm
definitely detach before closing.

I'm a widow but keeping camping going for my 2 kids in our 2011 176T with a 2007 Odyssey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic