r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wet bath issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 9:13am
Since I'm the maintenance man responsible for cleaning the facilities, I'm certain my wetbath is in better shape than any park restroom.  The size is small, but that just makes for a quick shower. 

PS - never had a shortage of hot water with the 6 gallon heater using either electric or gas.
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Elidh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elidh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 1:42pm
Thanks, all, for the comments!
Possible Future Owner of The Road King Family Podster
pentachris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentachris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

If I had one wish I would want the water spray to have more force like my shower at home.

I replaced my shower head with the Oxygenics model that is frequently recommended around here. When I removed the old shower head, I found this where the hose connects to the knob assembly on the shower wall:

Just doing some rough on-screen pixel measurements and pie-are-squared figuring from the pictures, I'm guessing that restrictor narrows the opening by at least 85% (my math put it at about 95%).

I grabbed a utility knife with the intent of widening the hole. I pushed the tip of the blade into the hole, started to cut at an angle outwards, and realized it was going to take more force than I felt comfortable with (I was afraid I'd pull the knob assembly off of the shower wall). So, when I removed the blade, the restrictor popped right out as well.

The difference in water flow is substantial, as you might guess.
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 12:50am
I replaced my shower head with the Oxygenics model that is frequently recommended around here. 

Wow, thanks; looks like I have another project to put on my list. Wishes do come true!Big smile
pentachris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentachris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 10:07am
Before spending money on a new shower head, I'd try to pop that flow restrictor out. Shouldn't take but a few minutes.
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:12am
We have had our Pod for two years now.  At first we never used the wetbath for a shower - always went to the bathhouse.  Lately, my husband has had to work out of town and is living in the Pod full time at an rv park that is very lacking in facilities.  He uses the shower every day without a problem.  When I go to visit him I use it too without a problem.  Actually it is very nice to be able to NOT go to a bathhouse!

One tip - Gary uses a "sham wow" (not brand name. just a cheap one) to give the walls and toilet a quick wipe down after he showers.  That way the "toilet room" is not wet for regular use the rest of the evening.  He just hangs the sham wow outside the front door on the hand rail and it is dry in no time.  It gets thrown in the wash with the towels each week.

Becky
philstat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philstat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 10:54am
Good ideas all, especially the chamois for the shower. Does anyone know the model # of the Oxygenics shower head that works in the Pod?

Happy Holidays all,
Phil & Cindy
Madison, WI
Skooterpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 12:06pm
No problem once I did it a few times and got a routine. Worst part is wiping everything dry afterwards...fortunately it's not a big space.  One of my methods is to wipe it down with a dedicated washcloth.  Small enough to wring out by hand and dries quicker than a full size towel. I also use a dedicated dish-towel to dry myself after the shower. Then drape both over the backseat of the tow vehicle to dry afterward. 
Yeah, I'm kinda fanatical about keeping the inside of the pod mildew and moisture-free as possible. Wacko 
2011 RP-177
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 5:18pm

If there is one thing I know about is mildew; it is a big problem in on the coast  if something stays damp enough. But I will have to admit I never wipe down the inside of our Pod shower and it just has not been an issue. I attribute that to the fact the air conditioner is always on and it helps keep the humidity inside the trailer down. Now if I ever dry camped or didn't have shore power, that would be another matter.

2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 9:43am
What about using one of those windshield wiper type squeegees?  We use one at home to wipe down our glass shower and it works just fine.  Think we bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $5. 
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic