r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Full-Time RVing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:46pm
Wow!  What a great story.  I am miving into the Arfpod with my 4 best doggy friends.  A bit nervous about it, but I am not missing any of the masses of stuff I filled by home with as I downsize.  Thanks for the inspiration!
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:54pm
I spent 3 months in my 178 while retiring from the Army.  Here's a couple a couple of issues.  Climate - it is not a cold weather camper, you can take precautions, but it is NOT a cold weather camper.  Clothes - my clothes were on a travel rack in pick-up.  I would exchange outfits on a daily basis  I used the campground restroom shower.  Very limited fridge space, I used a good cooler.  Bought ice every 2-3 days.  I used an electric heater, worked fine.  Everyone around me had bigger RVs but I did fine.  It took a planning and some creative changes.  I was by myself and I never felt cramped.  My TV worked and had a ton of DVds.  The convection oven was super. AND I had a gas grill.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 6:57pm
Larry, I don't know if you are still here, your post is 10 years old. I am a Vietnam vet, forced to live in my Rpod in a state campground, and it's not free. I don't khow how you get it free. I am waiting for the VA to give me a hearing for a claim I filed over 5 years ago for agent orange cancer.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Oliver Oliver wrote:

Larry, I don't know if you are still here, your post is 10 years old. I am a Vietnam vet, forced to live in my Rpod in a state campground, and it's not free. I don't khow how you get it free. I am waiting for the VA to give me a hearing for a claim I filed over 5 years ago for agent orange cancer.

Larry's last log in was 04 Sep 2012.. pretty sure he isn't still here.

Different states have different rules. Your state may be very different from his. My state, at state parks, has a 50% discount for disabled vets. 100% if you are 100% disabled. At national parks, and COE parks, I get 50% for my disability with the disabled America the Beautiful card.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 7:51pm
Thanks FP...Here in SC, I get 35% off for either senior, or vet. I have enjoyed my America the Beautiful card. Mine is a senior pass, not disability, gives me 50% off. I hope it does at COE parks too? Have you been to the Great Smoky Mountains? Davidson River is my favorite park in NC. I have been interested in the Corps of Engineers parks. Since my dad was a Major in the COE. Never been, but I understand they are nice. Which ones have you been to? They are on my places to visit soon list.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 8:18pm
We have been to many COE parks, and we go to the Smokies or Blue Ridge mountains often. In fact we just got back Saturday from +2 weeks in the Blue Ridge, just off the parkway, next to the New River State Park area.

I am not quite old enough for the senior pass, but my Army career left me just enough messed up to qualify for the disability card... Have only used it at a couple boat ramps so far.. 
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 2:11pm
what are your favorite COE parks?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic