r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FROG (Forest River Owners Group)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FROG (Forest River Owners Group)
    Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 8:30pm
Was wondering if anyone else has found this group yet. It's new and they have a couple of Rallies scheduled. They sound pretty good.  It's only open for Forest River products, which is a little disappointing to me since I like to go with my sister and she has an Airstream. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

I went to the discussion forum, but there didn't seem to be much Forest River talk, but very political. Somebody, please take a look and let me know what YOU think.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
sfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 1:29am
I have heard of HOG ( Harley owners group ) but not frog I will have to look into it. Thanks for sharing.
sjf
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 1:46am

Here are a couple of links that may get you connected to FROG (Forrest River Owners Group). It is a relatively new group and they had their first rally this past May 1st thru May 4th 2011 (3-Days) in Branson, MO. This group is less than a year old so it has not caught on to many FR owners yet.

http://rv-pro.com/news/forest-river-introduces-frog-owners-group 

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f186/f-r-o-g-forest-river-owners-group-photo-contest-10238.html

Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:01am
Whoa! Wait a minute! Your sister has an Airstream? I loved her Tab. But knowing your sister, I'm sure she's made her Airstream just as charming as her Tab was.

Thanks for posting the link to the site. They do have some interesting sounding rallies planned. I couldn't find a discussion forum though. I'll keep looking.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:41am
Hi Peggy,

Yup, she traded her tab in for a 16" Bambi. The Bambi has a history. It was used in a campaign for Little Debbie's. It was decaled all up and was really quite cute. Then when they were done with it, it was awarded as a prize to somebody in Ohio and somehow found it's way to Knoxville where Ella found it. She told the dealer they didn't have enough money to make a deal for her tab. The tab was trimmed in orange and you know this is Vol orange country and the dealer really wanted her tab. It sold within 3 days. This all happened in September. Beginning of football season. She loves having a bathroom instead of a port-a-pot and it can sleep 3 comfortably for when her son wants to go. Now Tom is actually thinking of getting electricity at Indy like I have done for the past 2 years instead of using his generator. He keeps saying "but I've got that generator!" I reminded him they can use that generator at other places they like to go. There's nothing like NOT having to go get gas to make sure you've got a/c!!! Yeah, I'm spoiled and I don't mind saying so. I like my amenities! Here's the link to see her Bambi when it was all decked out with Little debbie's.  http://www.littledebbiemission.com/

I think I finally found the right discussion forum, but when I did, I was tired of looking and didn't read anything. Must have a short attention span. LOL

Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:04am

I was looking at that Babmi and it's use of space is phenomenal! The POD loses space because of the teardrop shape. A lot more expensive though.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
unlblkrubi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:28am
Just what I need, another forum. We are thinking of trading up to a Forest River Surveyor SP-240 tho.
2011 171
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty diesel
2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (trail rig)
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 10:19am
The Bambi story is awesome.  I can't wait to see it.

I'll check out the FROG stuff later.
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
unlblkrubi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 10:39am
I tried to join this site (FROG), registered and all but don't see any disscussion forums just the home page???
2011 171
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty diesel
2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (trail rig)
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 1:14pm
Yes, the space is surprising in the Airstream even though it is only 16". No lost space. They got a REALLY good deal on their T@B and it was worth it to them. They go camping every single weekend or week in the spring, summer and fall. It's hard to keep up with them! It would be a whole lot simpler if we didn't live 8 hours away from each other. As it is, I drive 4 to 5 hours each way to just meet them halfway! And I'm usually all by myself, so I pick and choose my trips.
I kind of wish they had left the Little Debbie decals on it. No sign of them now. It looked so cute!

The (right) discussion group is rather difficult to find. I finally did. I'll try to find the link and post it. I know, another forum. More time reading about what we love to do. Here's the link to the forum:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic