r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lights
    Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:46pm
My running lights are not working signal light and brake lights work. Any idea what is wrong?
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:58pm
Headlights on?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Tom and Carol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom and Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:30pm
I think I had a similar problem which turned out to be a fuse in my F-150.  Check fuse box on passenger side in cabin.
Tom and Carol
R-Pod 177
2006 F-150
sfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 12:30am
If your headlights are on then I would check the pins on the connector maybe use some contact cleaner.If that doesnt work I would check the fuse in the tow vehicle..
sjf
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:33pm
Thanks for the info. Truck ok I will check the rv.
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 11:30pm
So there I was driving on a four lane hwy, clear night through Iowa nothing around but corn fields.   I truck passes me and flashes it lights, then about 10-20 minutes later another vehicle does the same thing.  I finally realize that the running lights were not on.  Pod with no lights in the back pretty scary thought (but I do have reflective tape on back corners and fenders) Flashers and signal lights worked.  I ended up driving with flashers to the next safe pull off.   I found that somehow the electrical connector was tilted and not fully connected.  It had been a long day of travel on some pretty bumping areas, plus I was going to visit a sick relative so I was pushing a little harder that I might normally travel.    

Based on that I would guess the your top pin connectors is where your problem might be.  

My two Cents
LeeStar

P.S. Once connected correctly LIGHTS ON!
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 3:18pm
Thanks I appreciate it. I will go check now.
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:11am
Thanks for this thread! We got a new F150 and couldn't figure out why the running lights weren't working on the rPod, though the brake and signal lights worked. It was our truck, not the rPod.
Lighting a candle, not cursing the darkness
"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
TV: 2010 F150
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic