r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

181g Garage Hanging/Storage System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 181g Garage Hanging/Storage System
    Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 7:48pm
We are the proud owners of a brand new 2011 Rpod 181g.  Absolutely love it!  What sold us was the rear garage-kitchen.  Love being able to do all the food prep and clean-up outdoors with the nice roomy sink and nice storage there.  My question is the hanging system above the sink--does anyone know where/if you can purchase additional hanging components?  I'd like to add an additional basket and a couple of extra utensil hooks. I've done all kinds of Google searches, checked Home Depot & Lowes for compatible pieces and looked on the Forest River site.  So far have found nothing.  Surely I'm not the only 181g guy who's wanted extra hanging hooks or baskets!  Love to hear if anyone has found a source. 
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by rpoddave rpoddave wrote:

We are the proud owners of a brand new 2011 Rpod 181g.  Absolutely love it!  What sold us was the rear garage-kitchen.  Love being able to do all the food prep and clean-up outdoors with the nice roomy sink and nice storage there.  My question is the hanging system above the sink--does anyone know where/if you can purchase additional hanging components?  I'd like to add an additional basket and a couple of extra utensil hooks. I've done all kinds of Google searches, checked Home Depot & Lowes for compatible pieces and looked on the Forest River site.  So far have found nothing.  Surely I'm not the only 181g guy who's wanted extra hanging hooks or baskets!  Love to hear if anyone has found a source. 

IKEA.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
rpoddave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 10:56pm
IKEA!  Great, I'll have to get down there and take a look. 
Dave, Carol, & "the boys" (Tiger & Rufus)
2011 R-Pod 181G "Paw Pod"
2010 Ford F-150 4x4
tripod girls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripod girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 11:39pm
I agree - IKEA is great for hanging baskets and such...added a small rod over sink with small plastic hanging baskets to hold misc items--flashlight, hand soap, etc..they work great.  There are small hooks that attach to rod for my keys, towel..
Another item I will be adding in the 171 on front wall behind dining table area is a hanging netting like the type in pod now.  I have priced the ones from FR but they are more expensive than I wish to pay...so found www.cargogear.com for the netting I wish to purchase.  Will use for books, and to keep small items at hand.  Good Luck on your search!
(I have not yet purchased from "cargogear" so I can not give status on this company)
3PsNRPod
171 RPod 2011
2003 Honda Pilot
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 10:28am
I don't think that Ikea will have what you want.  You want something that will go into the built in track system.  

I haven't seen anything that will fit the track, but my guess is that Forest River will sell you additional baskets if you were to call and ask.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 1:11pm
You have to order from VersaTrac to make sure they fit the panel. Forest River will charge about 3x what they actually cost, so don't go to them. We found a source on line and ordered a bunch of medium size baskets to fill in the rack, and now have side-to-side and top-to-bottom storage baskets in our garage area.

We ordered from: http://www.garagecabinetsonline.com/NewAge-VersaTrac.html
They have a ton of different hanging accessories for this system, and at a much cheaper price than any dealer can get for you. Try them first, or just do a search for VersaTrac.
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
rpoddave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 8:36pm
Dave, Carol, & "the boys" (Tiger & Rufus)
2011 R-Pod 181G "Paw Pod"
2010 Ford F-150 4x4
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 7:41am
Originally posted by 2Peas-n-RPod 2Peas-n-RPod wrote:

You have to order from VersaTrac to make sure they fit the panel. Forest River will charge about 3x what they actually cost, so don't go to them. We found a source on line and ordered a bunch of medium size baskets to fill in the rack, and now have side-to-side and top-to-bottom storage baskets in our garage area.

We ordered from: http://www.garagecabinetsonline.com/NewAge-VersaTrac.html
They have a ton of different hanging accessories for this system, and at a much cheaper price than any dealer can get for you. Try them first, or just do a search for VersaTrac.

Yup that's where you want to order from!  We haven't ordered any new baskets for ours yet but plan to next season!
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 10:25am
VersaTrac is some quality stuff. My local Sears stocks it. You may be able to find it at yours as well.
feo fuerte y formal
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 10:38am
Here's what our garage looks like with all the extra medium size baskets in place:

2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic