r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Service Recall - LP Tank Mounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service Recall - LP Tank Mounts
    Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 10:30am
Forest River has issued a service recall on the LP tank mount. Please see your local dealer for more information.

Edited by rpodAdmin - 18 Feb 2009 at 10:40am
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 11:00am
If go to a local Forest River Dealer (that doesn't sell rpods) will they be able to pull this from Forest River and take care of this for me? Or should I print this out and take it in and show them?
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 11:08am
You will need to let the local dealer know of the repair code. In this case it is a couple of straps that need installed - you could call your dealer and they can send them to you. It is an easy retro fit.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 11:17am
Here are photos of the recall installed...

Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 6:55am

There has to be a better way to fix this situation!  Any ideas?  Linda

RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 12:28pm

On the 171 I have ordered (Due to pickup at the end of the month) I'm having the dealer remove the single holder and they are installing a Dual Propane Holder for me.  They are also putting on a regulator that will control both bottles and I will be able to use 20 or 30 LB bottles.  The strap across the bottle IMHO just looks cheap.  Plus over time will dry rot and snap. 

Peter

www.rpod-owners.com The only r-pod forum owned, operated and maintained by r-pod owners.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 6:12pm
REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT

Bill & Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill & Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 10:02pm
Our dealer put the strap over the vinyl cover of the single tank.  I wonder if I should put it over the tank instead, like above?   
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 8:11am
Yes, the service bulletin calls for it to go over the tank directly.
Snooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 12:56pm
Hi folks.
We just got back today from our third trip with our 171. I went to pull the propane tank to have it filled and found that both the metal straps had broken (and been broken for some time judging by the corrosion on the surfaces of the break. Our R-pod had the nylon strap installed when we purchased it, however it obviously didn't prevent the metal strap from still failing.

This issue needs to be addressed immediately. The last trailer that Linda and I had a few years ago had a propane tank break loose on us and go under the trailer and punch a hole in the tank. Thank God it was on a secondary highway at the time, and that a spark didn't set off the propane that leaked out.

We had some other issues as well. I'll post a new thread on those.

Doug
Snooper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic