r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spring Texas Round UP Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring Texas Round UP Discussion
    Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 12:19am
Anyone interested in a Spring Round UP  Late March/April?
State Park or Private?
I personally will travel about 150 to 200 miles from Corpus Christi.

Don't have the Spring Break Info, but would probably be nicer away from College People.

LeeStar

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
bumc1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:28pm
I am if we can settle on a date so I can try to arrange my schedule.
Lisa
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 10:52pm
We may.  Will have to check out the work schedule and stuff.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:26am
Spring Break for the larger schools will start about March 9and will continue until about the end of March.  So Texas coast and any warm place will have large amounts of young, so that leaves the coast out and most of March for a gathering.  Easter will is the 8th of April, which for me would be OK, but I know that's no good for some.   The weekend that starts April 13 might be a good weekend even though it is a Friday the 13th.   

Post if your interested, starting point and miles willing to travel..and we can select a location that's central to those who want to attend.

Podterfly, Corpus Christi, 150-200

LeeStar

Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:46pm
Not too sure, planning a trip to New Mexico, maybe early May. Depends on date and how finances are.

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
FulanaG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FulanaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:45pm
Count me in! I'm in San Antonio and the weather should be great in March.  Let me know....Smile
2010 Rpod 171, 2004 X3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by FulanaG FulanaG wrote:

Count me in! I'm in San Antonio and the weather should be great in March.  Let me know....Smile

How far are you willing to travel?  What dates are you looking at?  State Park or Private?

LeeStar
FulanaG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FulanaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:35pm

travel 150- 200 miles.  Spring Break in my area is from 03/12- 3/16 but my schedule is pretty flexible.  I've always camped at state parks so I'm not familiar w/the private parks.  Either sounds good. 

2010 Rpod 171, 2004 X3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 9:31pm
I've been thinking about Goose Island for my spring shakedown and checking out the whooping cranes, which can be any date or maybe Goliad State park for Trade days which would be the second Saturday of Mar.

The biggest difference between State Parks and Private is that the State Parks fill up quickly, and are NOT very accommodating to groups.

I normally camp once a month, and still building my wishlist for this summer.

LeeStar

Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 5:06pm
Lee,

What is Trade Days?  Goose Island looks nice.  Can you camp on the water or are those tent sites?

Becky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic