r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grey to black tank?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:13pm
LOL As for replenishing fresh water when none at the site, we also have a three of those 5 gallon jugs.   We put them on top of a stove stand next to the pod, and syphon them into the holding tank.    Hope that helps, it is easy.    
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:38pm
I can't disagree with you on that, especially with having the kiddo's.  We feel like we are living in luxury moving from a tent, to a pop-up (for 20 yrs.) and now the pod.   The majority of our camping is done spring or fall when the outdoor weather tends to be 'cooler.'  The pod is really cozy on those rainy/sleety/snowy times when the temps are cold, and it's warm from corner to corner inside!  Sure don't miss those days of wet canvas and huddling by the furnace because anywhere near the canvas and it was cold/breezy.  AND with that having an indoor stool/shower is really nice AND not having to heat water on the stove,  hmmm. remember those 'good old' days, not.
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jim & Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:46pm
In the navy we called that a sea-shower while at sea (dry camping). When in port and hooked up to fresh water (RV park) we got to take a Hollywood shower. Smile

get [QUOTE=jato]WOW Kenn, that is a lot of water!  1 minute showers (guys),2-3 minutes for the ladies.  Get wet, turn off water, soap up, shower off.

2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Tomcamper Tomcamper wrote:

Sorry for putting in so many posts, but I have lots to learn.   We will be camping in a park that has water and power, but no sewer to the site.   Is there a way to transfer grey water to the black tank so that we don't have to move pod to the sewer cleanout?     We won't dump on the ground obviously.    Your wise advice as usual will be much appreciated.  

I guess I don't understand what you're attempting to do.  If you don't ever want to use the dump station, they don't use water/waster in the R-Pod.  What am I missing?

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Tomcamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 11:16am
This_is_nascar:   Just inexperienced.   I thought if there was a way to run the grey water into the black water tank, that maybe I could stay at the campsite longer without having to move pod back to dump station.   Now I have found out about that tote thing on wheels, that can do what I was hoping to do.   We newbies have much to learn, and we are learning it on this forum.   By the way, you are one the helpful ones, for which I am thankful.   
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 11:33am
When I was deployed, I could shower with 2 bottles of water. When I'm RVing...no way! I didn't pay lots of $$ to skimp out. I think I've earned the right to use more than my combat showers.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 12:36pm
Be careful in deciding on those totes.  At 1st, you may think bigger is better, but if you're taking that to the dump-station by hand, it will be heavy.  Water weighs 8.35 lbs per gallon.  Getting a 35-gallon tote that makes sense on the surface, will be a back breaker if you're pulling that by hand.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 1:19pm
Thanks for the good advice Ray.  My wife & I prefer simple, a lot of that has to do with available space.  The Explorer doesn't have a lot of extra room to haul stuff like any pick-up.   We don't like to carry everything with us when we camp, it's freeing to take the 'essentials' and go.  When we started camping years ago we noticed that over half the 'stuff' we brought was unnecessary, so we have learned over the years what to bring, and what to leave home.  Certainly that will be different for everyone, but that is what works for us.  When our tank had to be dumped (in Glacier) I just put up the 4 jacks, hooked up, and left, leaving my wife in a chair at the campsite soaking up all that delicious sun.  By the time I got back, unhooked, and put the jacks down, only 16 minutes had elapsed-from beginning - hooking it up to being back in the state it was originally.  (my wife timed me  hehehehe).  For me, a tote isn't a necessity, but for others, obviously, it is.
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jim & Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by this_is_nascar this_is_nascar wrote:

Be careful in deciding on those totes.  At 1st, you may think bigger is better, but if you're taking that to the dump-station by hand, it will be heavy.  Water weighs 8.35 lbs per gallon.  Getting a 35-gallon tote that makes sense on the surface, will be a back breaker if you're pulling that by hand.

Excellent advice! Thumbs Up
feo fuerte y formal
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 6:18pm
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic