r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Far-Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 7:13am
Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone. I was more focused on the 'far east' thing. Since I live in Pa. I tend to regionalize. I think of east as Maine to Fla. Big smile
Rick & Pam
R-177
'12 GMC Canyon
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 9:11am
Not a problem, Rick. There are these maps, made in NYC, that show the Manhattan centered USA,. With the city in the center and California just a hop, skip and jump away!   I think we all tend to view the world with our place in the center .
We did have a mini roundup in Maine last summer- about as far eastern as one can get in the USA!
It seems that there is distance limit (read time) that most podders are willing to travel for a two, a three or four day stay, so the idea of a regional get together is perhaps the best one.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 10:13am
I wish you guys were doing this earlier in the month (or year). September is a traveling month for us and we'll be far away by the time the roundup happens. On the other hand I wish the folks in Missouri would have theirs later in the month when we're likely to be in that area. Last year we missed them by less than two weeks. (Same park even. The host remembered them.) Ah well, we can't have it all. Maybe another time.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 4:03pm
Peggy L.

We usually do a trip in October up to Quechee VT around the time Harpoon Brewery has their Oktoberfest weekend. The leave should be starting to turn at that time and it's nice and quiet the week before and after the Oktoberfest.  All are welcome to join us, but the KOA and other nicer campground book up fast.

The ME trip last year was a blast and we are thinking of making it our annual thing.  So we have a trip planned for sometime in August for about 2 weeks.

For the labor day weekend, we are already committed (pre-paid rain date from last year) to the Canadian side of the fingerlakes.  There are some gorgeous campgrounds there. 

Sadly, at this point we are not sure if we can make the PA roundup for late September, but should have a clearer picture in about 2-3 weeks.

We were also thinking of reaching out to some Canadian podders as we know they often travel south to ME, VT and NY. 
2009 r.pod 152

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:02am
Everyone --

Here is the latest from the campground owner Kathy:

What I will do in the meantime is set sites 11, 12, 13, 14, 50, 51 and 53 aside for your group and I will set you up in site #53. I think I will also set aside sites 64 and 65 for now. Your R Pod colleagues can send us reservation requests by email through our website www.pioneercampground.com or via telephone (570-946-9971). Please ask them to mention they are part of the group. I will try to hold all of the sites until July 15th. If for some reason I reach the point that I need sites for the dates you are coming before July 15th, I'll give you a call so that you can give your members a heads up that we need to finalize your reservations, otherwise their sites may not be as close together. Since you are bringing at least 6 or 7 units, we will offer all of your members our discounted rate regardless of whether they are AAA auto club or Good Sam members, so the cost per night is $37.80 ($75.60 for the weekend).

That weekend is their Chili Cook-off, so if that is one of your passions, bring the makin's along!! All entries must be cooked at the campground!

I currently count six pods with the intent of being there. As folks register, we can set up a list and decide what group activities we want to pursue. I did make a cornhole set this winter, so that will be along with us.

Please let me know what site you have chosen so I can keep track.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
Old Dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:26pm
Walt and Chris

Question regarding the reserved sites for our event --

Since you have been to the campground - do you think the sites reserved for us will be
close enough to each other to make us feel like we are a group?

In looking at the campground map, I see that your site would be separated from the
first 4 offered.  Then 50 and 51 are separated again by another site.

Do you think that will work for us?

We will be confirming our reservation soon.   

Bob and Sylvia

Bob and Sylvia
2011 181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
rick350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 6:43am
Unless life gets in the way, we are planning on coming to Pioneer. We will make our reservations by the deadline. Just an fyi, if it matters at all, we've been to Pioneer before and if I remember they have no sewer drainage but use honey wagons. We had a popup then so we didn't use them. I know some people don't like that kind of setup. Anyway, this should be fun. 
Rick & Pam
R-177
'12 GMC Canyon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 7:48am
Hi Bob and Rick
I am delighted to here you folks are planning to come to Pioneer with us.
To answer your questions:
We wanted to get as close together as possible given the layout, unfilled spaces, seasonal occupied sites, and contiguous groups of spaces. One main consideratiion that Chris and I had was that we didn't want to be on the main central drive area- which is larger in reality than on the drawing, and is all gravel so is dusty and noisy. We opted for the internal sites instead.
We chose 53 as a central spot and are willing to host group activities there. (bring your own chairs!)
There is now a standard dump station.

Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
Old Dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:52pm
Hello all

We reserved site #11  for the Far Eastern Round Up,  we are scheduled to arrive on Friday 21st and depart Sunday 23rd as of now. 

Bob and Sylvia
181G

Bob and Sylvia
2011 181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Old Dingo Old Dingo wrote:

Walt and Chris

Question regarding the reserved sites for our event --

Since you have been to the campground - do you think the sites reserved for us will be
close enough to each other to make us feel like we are a group?

In looking at the campground map, I see that your site would be separated from the
first 4 offered.  Then 50 and 51 are separated again by another site.

Do you think that will work for us?

We will be confirming our reservation soon.   

Bob and Sylvia

I agree with your concern.  Looks like (3) seperate groupings if you ask me.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic