r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Far-Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 10:03pm
Hello everyone!

I spoke today with Kathy, the manager at Pioneer Campground.  She confirmed seven of us pods have registered with her.  

She would like to know if there is anyone else who wants to register.  She has two large trailers that would like to go in sites 13 and 14.  Please contact Pioneer by Friday if you plan to attend.

We were thinking that we would all participate in the chili cook off on Saturday and then meet for s'mores and a nitecap around our campfire.  Then we could gather on Sunday morning for a potluck breakfast before folks head for home.  Let me know what you think.

Looking forward to seeing you in three weeks!!

Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
Old Dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 11:05pm
Walt

In looking at the campground map - maybe Kathy could move us from #11 to site # 54 or #3
to get all of us in one block.

It appears that we are the only ones across the road.  I picked site 11, but after seeing where everyone else is - we would prefer to move over with the group.

Let me know.

Sylvia and Bob

Bob and Sylvia
2011 181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 12:28am
 WinkHere's our 2012 Roundup's fb event page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/477145278971761/

Please call Kathya t the campground if you are planning on coming & then PM your site# so we can add you to our list and make sure there are enough marshmallows and graham crackers to go around Wink Wink
2009 r.pod 152

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
rick350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 6:40am
We were given site 10, which is stuck in a corner. We wouldn't mind switching to 54 or 3. Tho its not like its a long walk to the other sites. Have we designated the 'home' pod? Or do we sorta float from pod to pod? 
Rick & Pam
R-177
'12 GMC Canyon
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 12:20pm
Rick, Bob,
You can check with Kathy at the campground to see about changing sites.  She seems to be very happy to accomodate camper's requests.

As we are in the corner site position, I thought we might offer to be the central location. 
We have a cornhole setup and four sets of bags, so we can get a tourney going.  If everyone brings a chair, we can hang out around the firepit.  We carrry a 6 foot folding table so there will be room for stuff to sit.  Also we have a 12 ft canopy as well as the r-dome.  
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
Old Dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 7:27pm
Hello Fellow R-pod Round up Folks

We changed our site to #50.  Kathy at the campground was very helpful.
She had site #3 open  at 6:00 p.m. tonight - if Rick and Pam want to call and change their site too.

And I will NOT be bringing our R-dome - we just sold it!!!

Happy trails to everyone.

See ya in a couple of weeks

Bob and Sylvia
Bob and Sylvia
2011 181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
rick350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:49am
Just curious, but who is in charge of providing excellent camping weather? We would like to suggest a bright, sunny coolish day, hi maybe 65, low in upper 40'2, low 50's to sit around fire. Can someone in our "Far East" (still sounds like we are going to Japan or something) rally be in charge of that? We would, but since we are 'new' didn't want to step on any toes....
Rick & Pam
R-177
'12 GMC Canyon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 9:14am
Tell ya' what, Rick, we'll let the newbies be responsible for providing the good weather!!  The rest of us will provide the bonhomie and entertainment.  LOL
A quick look at the Weather Channel says it looks like your request will be granted.  Hope for clear nigh skies, I will bring my little telescope so we can check out some planets!

Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 2:09pm
One week to go!!!!

Looks like we're seven pods confirmed as of Thursday Sept 13, for the Round-up:
Podsible Dream #53
techntrek #51
The E Train #4
Old Dingo #50
secretbard #2
rick350 #10
Paige #5
I talked to Kathy on Thursday,  she will release the other sites she had available for us, but if someone else shows up will try to get them close by our area.

Sounds like most are trying to arrive on Friday afternoon or evening.  There is a large sign at the top of the hill on the left from the south on US 220 - hard to miss.  Just past the Sullivan County Roadhouse - looks like it might be a swinging place, actually --- good food, we can vouch for that!
Plan is to meet as we get together on Friday and Saturday; check out the area, play games or lounge around on Saturday; there is a chili cook off on Saturday afternoon/evening - everyone is welcome to participate - chili must be cooked on site!; happy hour(s) at our place or other designated site; Sunday Pot Luck breakfast/brunch at site 53, bring something to share, we'll have coffee and juice. Sunday - time to go or more local sightseeing for those sticking around another night!
Rick350 has been volunteered to guarantee good weather - temps in high 60s, sunshine, lows in the 40's around the fire.  The organizers suggest that you take up any complaints about the weather with him - I'm sure compliments would be accepted as well. 
I will have my small telescope set up for star and planet viewing, so let's hope for good weather!!
See you next weekend!
Walt and Chris
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 4:35pm
Have a great time everyone.  Be sure to take and post pics.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic