r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Far-Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Far-Eastern Roundup
    Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 9:11pm
Hello campers!! A group of intrepid R-pods are looking to get together for a roundup sometime this summer in the NY-NJ-PA-New England area. So far we have suggestions for the Hudson Valley or Nothern PA area. We have suggested a campground in NE PA called Pioneer Campground (www.pioneercampground.com ). We've been there a couple of times as tenters and really liked it. lots of great geography around, hiking, fishing,etc.
we will be happy to welcome any R-poolers willing to join us and are able to assist in figuring out the best weekend.
Thanks and welcome! Free Spirit (Walt and Chris)
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Durango Crew 5.7l Hemi
Old Dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:59pm
Hello
We have a new 181G and live in PA and are looking for an opportunity to camp with other
R Pod owners.  We are interested in your Far Eastern Round up idea.  Do you have anyone else interested?  Do you have a site picked out yet?  We live just north of Pittsburgh, PA.
Your suggestion of Pioneer Camp sounded good to us, that is about 300 miles from us - have you received any other suggestions?

Do you have a date in mind? We are flexible in our schedule.

Old Dingo and Mrs. Dingo (Bob and Sylvia)
Bob and Sylvia
2011 181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:05am
Dingo why don't you consider coming to the rally in Lexington, KY at the Horse Park. It is 343 miles from here to Pittsburg. The park is in a beautiful area.  You would enjoy meeting the Podders that will be there.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:31pm
OK R-Pod campers, we spent the Memorial Day weekend at Frances Slocum State Park in the Poconos. Very nice park, quiet, verrryy clean!, and pleasant. PAparks are great, but adult beverages are a no-no.
We promised to visit the Pioneer Campground about 45 miles west near LaPorte PA on US 220. So we did, and introduced ourselves as reps of a group of R-Podders interested in finding a place where we could all be close together in a pleasant place. The campground has been revamped since we were last there. New gravel roads and sites. very clean, pool (salt water), entertainment, and at 2000 feet on top of a ridge, it is cooler than valley sites. It is also at the east end of the "Endless Mountains" an area of PA that includes a number of neat state parks and small towns in the northern half of PA, including the Grand Canyon of PA - a 1500 foot deep river gorge with access on both sides.
the camp owner was delighted to help us figure out which weekend would be the best in terms of open sites. We told her late August or September would fit best into schedules at theis time. Her main openings for 6-8 sites together are the last weekend in August 24-26 or in September 7-9, 21-23 or 28-30. Labor Day already has a group in place. There is no reason that the days before and after a weekend couldn't be reserved as well. We will be in contact with her as the summer progresses. But once we agree on a good (or better) weekend for us all, then we can start doing reservations. She is willing to assist by moving a couple of reservations around so we can be together. Current open areas with water and electric are around the STOP sign in the center of the park. all electric sites have cable TV.
If you visit www.pioneercampground.com, there is a map, photos, list of activities and rates. I have a number of brochures, maps and the like i can mail if someone wants them.       
For information about the region visit www.endlessmountains.org, and www.sullivanpachamber.com.
From central NJ (Princeton area) it was 150 miles up the Northeast Extension of the PA TPK and then about 45 miles across county/state highways - one hour or so. total about 4-4.5 hours. From east or west the easiest access is I80 to I180 to US 220. From the south or north, I81 takes you to the region. A number of good grades on in the area, but we had no real problems with our rig.

Please check the campground out. We have found that area to be very pleasant and 'out of the way'! It is also in one of the darker areas of the NorthEast for sky watching. I will have my small reflector scope with us for folks who want to take a tour of the heavens.

I will also post this on the owner's forum, as I note a number of other Philly , NY and CT, NJ area podders have joined the forums to learn more about our passion!

What is your choice for the best week end?

Thanks, Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
rick350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:14am
Hi, were are new owners of Rpod 177, but have yet to get it out. Anyway, we have been to Pioneer before when we had just a pop up. It is a nice campground and we would also be interested in a Rpod rally. 
Thanks, Rick & Pam
podsible dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podsible dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 6:25pm
Our schedule is firming up. It looks like the weekend of 22-23 September would be the best for us. As organizer I would like to assume first claim on a date!
If this weekend is good for others, I will contact the owner of Pioneer Campground and make further arrangements.
Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP 171 'Free Spirit'
rick350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 6:55am
We are in for Pioneer, tho its 3 months away and I'm not sure what is happening next week let alone 3 mos from now. But we will 'pencil it in'. As the saying goes, we will be there "Lord willing and the creek don't rise'!
Rick & Pam
R-177
'12 GMC Canyon
Old Dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 7:52am
Hello Campers

My first choice of date would have been the first weekend available in September, but I did not speak up, (my fault) so if the majority would like Sept. 22-23, then that date will work for us too.  

Thanks Walt and Chris for volunteering to be the organizer.

I know our furnace works well, and that's good, because it might be a little chilly in the Endless
Mountains at the end of September.  The leaves should be starting to turn color by then too, so that will make for some great pictures.

Our calendar is open for September and we are planning on coming. 

Let us know when we can contact Pioneer and we will make our reservation.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bob and Sylvia

Bob and Sylvia
2011 181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
rick350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 6:44am
Find it interesting that it will be a "Far East" roundup, like we are headed to Japan. I know the good folks of Kentucky took the East roundup name, but I never thought of Kentucky as East. Just saying
Rick & Pam
R-177
'12 GMC Canyon
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 7:09am
I believe the states east of the Mississippi River are generally thought of as being in the "East". What other region would you place Kentucky? Midwest?
Half of Kentucky is in the Eastern Time Zone.
Maybe all these roundups should be named for what ever state they will be held (e.g., 2012 Kentucky Roundup, 2012 Pennsylvania Roundup, etc.). A lot less confusion with that.
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic