r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer Hose Carrier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan and Linda Irvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewer Hose Carrier
    Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 4:07pm
Has anyone changed their sewer hose carrier yet? We found that ours was too short. Question
Stan and Linda
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 5:53pm
You can only put a 10ft hose in it ... anything else will be too long. 10ft should be ample length for it's purpose ...
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:50pm
Yeah but when I purchased this I bought a starter kit with the Rhino hose (which I really like and so do other people I have talked to) and it will not fit in it. The tube is too short and it's diameter is to small. I'm planning on replacing mine eventually...the tube, not the sewer hose.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Stan and Linda Irvin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan and Linda Irvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 12:30pm
We also got the Rhino starter kit. So our quick fix is a 48" long schedule 40 4" PVC pipe with a end cap and a clean out plug cap. (2)  4.5" extra long muffler clamps. Bolt everything to the same brace and you're done.
Stan and Linda
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 3:06pm
Hey can you guys post a pic of that? It sounds simple enough but I like to see pics. Plus my wife has doubts about building our own but it sounds easy enough and if I can show her some pics, it helps my cause...thanks and welcome to the forum!
Craig
R-Pod 172
NCRaiderFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCRaiderFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 3:34pm
I would love to see picturees as well.
N.C. Campers
Ric, Susan, Paige
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan and Linda Irvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 12:23pm
CryWe haven't forgotten the pictures just have been out of town. They will be posted soon.
Stan and Linda
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan and Linda Irvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 5:58am
 We replaced our sewer hose carrier using 48" schedule 40 PVC pipe and 41/2" muffler clamps. Just use the same footprint of the old carrier.
Stan and Linda
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 10:26am
STAN: you did a good job on that.  It looks real good!  I think when I do mine I'll get stainless steel clamps though.

Terry

EDIT: thanks for posting the pics!
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 10:06pm
That looks awesome....great job! Thanks for posting the pics.
Craig
R-Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic