r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slide Out crooked?? 176T

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by tsunami tsunami wrote:

Is there enough room to install a slide-out awning over the slide out?  We downsized to our Pod from an RV which had retractable awnings on both slideouts (to protect from rain and debris collecting on the slide outs).  We have a R-151 which does not have a slideout...and are thinking about up-sizing to a 17-model with a slideout.  But we are wondering about being able to install an awning to protect the top of the slideout.

No problem. In fact our 177 came with the track already installed. I did a right up in the mod forum I think..

Here you go...

http://www.rpodnation.com/slideout-awning-instal_topic2799.html
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
6p's_in_R_Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6p's_in_R_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 5:07am
ok here are the pictures,  Upon further inspection I found that the bottom seal is pinching out the bottom and I can wiggle my finger between the seal and the fascia at the top right corner which was the original cause for my concern.  That cant be good.  My understanding from speaking with someone at Forest River is that you shouldn't be able to do this.  NONE of this was an issue a few weeks ago nor was this noticed when we bought it last month. 

We are
6 P's in R Pod
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 5:51am
You may just need an adjustment to the slide mechanism. Don't know if that's a DIY deal or not or how you would do it.
Have you sent those pictures to your dealer or to Forest River and asked them what to do? If you're not far from your dealer, I'd take it there.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 8:57am
Truthfully.. If the seal is making contact all the way around, which it seems to be, I wouldn't get to worked up about it.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
6p's_in_R_Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6p's_in_R_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:29am
Originally posted by furpod furpod wrote:

Truthfully.. If the seal is making contact all the way around, which it seems to be, I wouldn't get to worked up about it.

even though its pinching at the bottom?

We are
6 P's in R Pod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic