r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slide Out crooked?? 176T

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6p's_in_R_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide Out crooked?? 176T
    Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 11:14pm
The slide out on our 176T galley looks like it was not put on straight. it looks like the outside panel is shifted more to one side than the other. It closes shut and does not leak as far as we can tell but it concerns me. No warranty as we bought it second hand. Anyone else have this issue with their 176T?
We are
6 P's in R Pod
6p's_in_R_Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6p's_in_R_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 10:08pm
really over 30 views and no input?  Can someone at least tell me if their slid out is not like this..
We are
6 P's in R Pod
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 12:08am
I have a 175 so the sofa is in the slide. Mine slides in and out relatively straight. NOT perfectly straight. My hubby who is a worrier is always outside to "assist" if anything gets too awry however it never really has. Do you have pics of the problem? Its hard to tell from what you are saying just how shifted things are.
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 12:39am
We have a 177 and our slide is tilted a bit to the driver side when out. As to front and back, I think it's fairly close to equal.
I'll have to see next time we have it setup.
Ready to pod around.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 5:46am
Originally posted by 6p's_in_R_Pod 6p's_in_R_Pod wrote:

really over 30 views and no input?  Can someone at least tell me if their slid out is not like this..

I was one of the views, however my unit does not have a slide, so I felt that I was not in a position to answer, unless you wanted me to tell you that in my opinion, if it's crooked (whether leaking or not or working or not) then something is wrong it and it should be repaired.

How's that?  :)

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 7:08am
I think you didn't receive any responses because no one has experienced this issue. I have never heard of your problem before.
We have a 177. Our slide out is not crooked when deployed. Sorry, but I can't offer you any advice other than what you're experiencing does not seem normal and I would contact your dealer.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
6p's_in_R_Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6p's_in_R_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 5:49pm
LOL...I was starting to feel lonely....It only looks crooked when closed.  I dont have it here to take a pic right now. Here is my best description.   When it is closed when facing the slide (from the outside) the left side (near the front of the POD) overlaps the black gasket by about an inch.  However on the other side (left side towards the rear) at the top the edge of the slide lines up with the black gasket (no over lapping) but the left bottom part over laps by a half an inch.  I will post pics as soon as I can get to it where its parked.

We are
6 P's in R Pod
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:34am
Hmm...it makes me wonder if it's slightly off track.  I'd contact the dealer and see if they can take a look at it though I totally understand with no warranty that you would need to pay for it.  My fear is that if it's not totally aligned that it may cause water to get in there causing damage over time.

Pictures would be great if you can get them.  

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:37am
Never seen that on my Pod, a 182G (kitchen slide). I went out and checked and it all lines up evenly all the way around. If your Pod is still under warranty, I would definitely have it checked out just to be sure. 
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 2:13pm
Is there enough room to install a slide-out awning over the slide out?  We downsized to our Pod from an RV which had retractable awnings on both slideouts (to protect from rain and debris collecting on the slide outs).  We have a R-151 which does not have a slideout...and are thinking about up-sizing to a 17-model with a slideout.  But we are wondering about being able to install an awning to protect the top of the slideout.
tsunami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic