r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

182g new R-pod owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 182g new R-pod owner
    Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:31pm
Hello All,

My wife and I just purchased our first camper.  We selected the R-pod 182g.  Love the idea of a nice compact travel trailer vs. a pop-up and the R-pod quality and versatility won me over.

I have tried to read as many posts here as I can, lots of great shared info...thank you.

One big general question.....any fellow 182g owners out there have any MUST DO'S and must NOT do for my new family fun finder?  

Thank you in advance.  We haven't made our first trip yet...hopefully after or during I will have a good name for ournew baby.

Happy camping!

X
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 12:35am
Welcome
Ready to pod around.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:34am
Welcome to the Pod Family!

I can't say I've seen 182 owners have any specific advice on their model but as a 181 owner the only thing I can say that I wasn't aware of when I bought mine is that the sink in the garage drains into your black water tank.

So when you go to do dishes keep that in mind, you'll fill your black tank up very quickly.  We've reversed our dish washing procedure.  I wash dishes in the cooler area on the left and they dry in our dish drainer in the sink on the right.

I keep a small bucket under the cooler drain and then dispose of the dish water.

Good luck and congratulations.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:01am
Welcome!  

We bought our 182G last year, and we love it.  As we live near Chicago and the temperature is almost 70 at 10 am this morning, you can believe that the itching desire of getting her out on the road is there.  

The big thing that we did was to get the axle risers installed on the trailer.  We discovered that we bottomed out a couple of times while traveling, and that was not a pleasant feeling to experience.  Beyond that, yes, the sink in the back does drain into the black water tank.  It won't be the end of the world if you're just camping over the weekend; in fact, it might make draining that tank a bit easier when you get ready to leave.  We found that the blue mood lights in the garage don't attract the same amount of flying insects as the white lights do.  

Have fun!  Big smile

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:41am
Also get Head Band Lights with a red option, bugs won't flock to your face when walking at night.

LeeStar
Here's an EXAMPLE
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

Also get Head Band Lights with a red option, bugs won't flock to your face when walking at night.

LeeStar
Here's an EXAMPLE

Oh man! I wish I had a 182G, that sounds like a great option..

LOL, thanks for the link...

And welcome to the forum  Racer X
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:24am
Thank you all for the info.  Good tip Kymoose...appreciate it.

Tpierce...we are close...I work In NW burbs and live inside WI border.  Ready to camp...weather here is great and just teasing us!

Happy Camping,
X
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:29am
If you're close, come join us on the weekend of April 13th at the Jellystone Park in Amboy http://jellystoneamboy.com where you can get full hookups for $20/night that weekend if you tell them you're calling about the RV Show special and use their RM12 code. 
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:30am
Welcome to the 182G family! You will find it such a great way to go camping and creating memories with your family. Also, be prepared to give a lot of tours - people are very curious about the Pod once they see that amazing tailgate kitchen.

I don't know if you already purchased an R-Dome or not, but if you haven't, I would advise you to try something else first: a 10' x 10' EZ-up type awning. We use it over the garage area because we spend most of our time behind the R-Pod (not on the side of it) cooking and watching the TV back there while relaxing under the awning. We do have an R-Dome also, but the EZ-up is faster to put up and take down, and fits perfectly over the top of the garage area. The EZ-up is used about 90% of the time, and the dome only about 10%. At least that's how it fits our camping style.

Another thing you might want to consider is recovering some storage room under the front seat of the dinette. From the factory, that storage area ends where the electrical outlet is, right in the middle of the seat. I moved that partition to the left side (back to where the water heater is), rerouted the wiring and put a small plywood box over the outlet so I don't knock it or do damage to it. Gained about 50% more space for longer items under the front seat by doing that.

Oh yeah, one other thing - if you don't have 2 batteries, strongly consider getting another. It really extends the time you can spend off the grid or boon-docking.

Many happy travels to you! Enjoy!
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:39am
I have been thinking of a name for my new R-pod.  Being a cheesehead, Green Bay Packer owner and fan.....I have decided to name it.....PackR-Pod.

The PackR-Pod will be labeled and logod soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic