r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

182g new R-pod owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Racer|X| Racer|X| wrote:

I have been thinking of a name for my new R-pod.  Being a cheesehead, Green Bay Packer owner and fan.....I have decided to name it.....PackR-Pod.

The PackR-Pod will be labeled and logod soon.

Nice!

We did that with ¡Podtástic! as well as other people.  If you go to our website, you'll see what we did-- podtastic.info.

Have a great weekend!

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:16am
Thanks tpierce, I will check it out.

2peas....awesome tips, greatly appreciated.  I do have a Pod dome, it came as part lf my "package" purchase.  I also already own an EZ up shade from previous use.  Great tip, I would have left it home.

Cant wait to camp.

X
Bill and Marie in TX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill and Marie in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:30pm
Hi,
I would recommend you lubricate the rubber gasket around the garage door.  Just had our gasket replaced under warranty because it dried out here in Texas.  Also bought a camping kitchen table set up and use it with the EZ Up in the back.  This set up Works great while cooking n the back.
2011 RP-181G "Wine Pod II"
2011 F-250 6.2L V8
2 Doxies + 1 tiny Corgi = 1 full size dog
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 6:19pm
Thank you TX Bill and Mrie, all geat tips!  1st trip is next weekend...location still TBD.

X
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 7:54pm
Finally...picked up the PackR-Pod today. Very nice. 

Questions if I may...I received a camper 101 starter kit from the dealer.  Pretty much useless.  The sewer hose is junk.  What is the best sewer drain kit one can grab at Camper World etc. that you would recommend?  Length...is 15‘ long enough for most campgrounds?  

If you have a 182g....the dealer told me to travel with the TV mounted inside.  20-miles home and the TV swung around, was out of position etc.  I asked 3x doesnt it just stay in the back and use the cable tie down?  They insisted inside.  Any ideas?

Thanks again for the advice.

X
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 9:04pm
We travel with the TV in the back strapped in.  I personally would never ever leave it inside; that to me would beg for trouble.  

As far as a sewer hose goes, I got mine at Wal-Mart.  15' should be plenty.  Mine is 20' and came in 2-10' sections that I can connect together when need be.  

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 9:19pm
Thanks Tim.  I thought the back made more sense, especially with the special strap.

X
DanRoth911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanRoth911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 12:59pm
We just bought a 2015 R-Pod 182G (gently used 3 times before we bought it) and love it.  The first time we went camping (on the beach near Santa Barbara, CA) there must have been 20 people that came by and said they loved our cute trailer and wanted to get a tour.  We love the outdoor kitchen and the ability to use our current vehicle (2010 Lexus RX450h hybrid with the tow package).  We are working on getting it outfitted/customized.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic