r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty issues new 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:02am
I tried to glue them back on using silicone. Not sure how long that would last, so am having them replaced under warranty.
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:05am
I tried to glue them back on with silicone. Not sure how long that would last. Am having them replaced under warranty.
LarryK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:59pm
We had the decals on the front of our 177 removed while it was in the dealer getting de-winterized.  I have heard from several sources that new decals will just peal off again. We like the way it looks with no decals on the front. 
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:51pm
Same deal, I has the microwave go out under warranty. My dealer pulled one out of another 177 so I didn't have to wait on parts.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:16pm
Hi kmcmurph,
Thank you for your reply. It's nice to hear others have had the same problem, though it's too bad Forest River hasn't opted for a more reliable Microwave.
David

Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:19pm
Larry K,
Thanks for your reply. I can see where the front would look better without the decals. We'll see what happens. If the problem happens again I may do the same.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:22pm
Don't feel too bad about anything you've had to have replaced under warranty.  I think most of our Pod is new by now.

The microwave was replaced for a faulty door, the fridge was replaced because it wouldn't cool, the portable grill in the garage was replaced because it wouldn't get hot, one decal was replaced because it cracked and split apart and lastly the fantastic fan in the bathroom was replaced because it would go on and off on it's own.  ConfusedConfused

Still love the Pod, and so far, knock on wood, all of the replacement  pieces, controls, and units have all worked perfectly.

That's not to say that the strange noise my water heater makes hasn't gotten some attention from me lately though!  LOLLOL
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:06pm
Thanks for putting things into perspective. Am looking forward to getting the pod back from the shop soon, been there for almost a month. After all, summer is coming.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Daves pod Daves pod wrote:

Purchased 2012 RPod177 Hood River Edition late Jan. on first outing discovered Micro-convection didn't work,front decals began peeling and gas regulator was faulty. Other than that a pretty good trip to the coast. Still waiting for FR to send parts. Any others have troubles with new RPod?

I could go on and on, but I won't.  Just search the posts for my issues.  The biggest being having most of my windows replaced and the AC fan kit going.  At the time, the rig was brand new and the AC issue only after a couple years.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:30am
Thanks Nascar,
I appreciate your post, sorry to hear you've had such trouble,I hope you have reached a point where things are working well and you enjoy your trailer.
I pull mine with a Tacoma TRD as well. Great truck, my 4 rth.
dthomas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic