r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty issues new 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty issues new 177
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:00pm
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:05pm
Purchased 2012 RPod177 Hood River Edition late Jan. on first outing discovered Micro-convection didn't work,front decals began peeling and gas regulator was faulty. Other than that a pretty good trip to the coast. Still waiting for FR to send parts. Any others have troubles with new RPod?
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:08pm
Everybody has had some issue or other. Don't let it get you into a wad, just enjoy your new baby. Just use it and try to find everything that's wrong before the warranty runs out. Mine was in the shop more than it was out camping the first summer, and now I don't have issues unless it's my fault. 

Anyway, welcome. You are going to love your Pod!!!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:42pm
Sixgunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:44pm
My fridge crapped out pretty much immediately. Had to contact a repairman (dealer too far away), for warranty work. Dometic took pretty much forever to send the repair parts - well, over a month as I recall.

As Tink says, though, this is all part of the deal with these little trailers - working the bugs out. Hang in there, we've all been through it to one degree or another.
feo fuerte y formal
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:35pm
We have been very fortunate.  Purchased our 2011  model 177 in January of 2011.  Took her home in March during a snowstorm- good practice driving in the UP of Michigan.  Have had zero problems with the exception - self induced- of frying the heating element in the hot water heater.  Can't blame FR for my own stupidity.  We have enjoyed our unit a lot, taking her from Michigan to Montana last fall as well as some local spots during the summer in northern lower Michigan as well as in the UP of Michigan - it has performed beyond our expectations.  Enjoy !
God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jim & Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 10:45pm
Daves pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daves pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:21pm
Thank you all for your kind postings. I appreciate all of the feedback and look at this as part of the whole RV experience. Having moved up from backpacking and tent camping, I have a lot to learn and consider myself lucky to have a mobile roof over my head.
David
LarryK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
We have a brand new 2012 R Pod 177 and love it.  We too, have just moved up from tent camping for many years.

The front decals began peeling right away. Can they be glued back on?
Thanks.
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:38am

I have a 2010 R-Pod 171 and my Convection Microwave went out last year; Forrest River gave me a list of acceptable RV repair shops in my area and I went to one of them. They ordered a new convection microwave from Forrest River and installed it. I paid nothing as the warranty covered parts, labor, and shipping costs of the new appliance. My microwave has worked very well since being replaced.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic