r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New r-pod 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:20pm
I have never seen this before.  This is a dealer problem.  Hopefully they will have a fix.  Nice to here the lug nuts where tight.
Shocked
Ray
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:02pm
Our fenders are at different heights from the wheel on each side as well.  Slide out side is closer than the door side.

takeachance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeachance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:05pm
Thanks kymooses, that is good to know!  Does your tire appear slightly slanted like the torsion axle can't handle the weight of the slide out?
Skooterpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by kymooses kymooses wrote:

Our fenders are at different heights from the wheel on each side as well.  Slide out side is closer than the door side. 

Same with our 177.  Got underneath and measured one day; the left side torsion is compressed maybe 1/4 to 3/8 inch more than the right, probably from kitchen weight. Right side fender is also mounted higher to clear the lower awning track, which exaggerates the difference.  My tires look square with both sides of the trailer, but not with the fenders, which both seem cockeyed when viewed from the front.
2011 RP-177
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by takeachance takeachance wrote:

Thanks kymooses, that is good to know!  Does your tire appear slightly slanted like the torsion axle can't handle the weight of the slide out?

I can't say I've noticed that before but I'll be looking tomorrow and see what I see on ours!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic