r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NORTH CAROLINA RALLY 2013??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NORTH CAROLINA RALLY 2013??
    Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:36pm
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:33pm
I like the sound of that... 

Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:36pm
Ok I hate this phone. I will post my thoughts when I get home. :))
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
turncoat3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:41pm
I will go anywhere in NC for a get together.
we are near the coast.
Ben & Lorrie
2010 RP177
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:11am
After reading Ella Brown's (Tink's sister) post about a rally she attended at Raccoon Holler Campground in North Carolina, Coach and I talked about next year's rally. We are willing to help host an R POD AND FRIENDS rally there. We would need someone who lives close by to go talk to the management about the rally. The daily rate is a little higher than we have been paying, but perhaps they will give us a deal. The park appears to be near the Blueridge Parkway. It looks to be in the tri-state (KY, VA, TN) area.
This does not have to be a fancy kinda rally. Those of you who have attended the rallies at Maumee State Park in the last few years know that it can be a very relaxed gathering. Sight seeing during the day, campfire at night, and potluck on Friday or Saturday night is what we have done at those.
If you have been to this campground, please give us your feelings about it, good or bad.

Check out Ella's blog at www.silvermineand his.weebly.com
Go to the May 7 entry. There are lots of pics of Raccoon Holler.
KEEP ON PODDING.
Please think about helping with a rally. We will not do this alone. Come on Podders. Let's do it!!!!!!
R Pod 172

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 12:16pm
No problem here with going, and or, helping with the prep, but we are a fair piece away.. I don't know where you are pepperpod, we are near E-town.. 
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 12:52pm
We are north of Lexington. Sylviablue and Ed are very close to you. I am not sure that it is that far from here. Looks like it is west of Knoxville but not sure.
We had people travel from Texas for our first rally. Of course, there are those wonderful Canadians who have been able to come to the rallies.
I think that we may have quite a few if we have it closer to the east coast.

R Pod 172

R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 3:55pm
Pepper,

My cousin Sharon is the Rally Master for the Blue Ridge Rally you are referring to.  Trisha and I were there.  The rate is the best rate she could get.  This particular campground does fill up after Memorial Day with a lot of seasonals for the summer.  So the best time to go there would be prior to that weekend.   The campground owners were really nice.  Sharon spoke very highly of them. Also if you click on my blog link at the bottom of the page, you can find some pictures and blog posts from the rally.

We can talk about this more at the Kentucky Rally.  It would be fun to have a Pod get-together in the NC area.  

Rob

2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:14pm
Furpod, we are indeed near you -  Cecilia.
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:42pm
Rineyville, very near Blueball hill.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic