r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water pressure regulators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pressure regulators
    Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:21pm
Just herd about this regulator thing. Is this something you hook up outside when you need it or is it internally installed permanently. Which regulator would you suggest to purchase. Any info would be appreciated. 
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:41pm
You hook it up outside between your shore water supply and your fresh water hose.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
catken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:18am
Thanks for your your reply
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 12:19pm
I go: regulator, filter, hose, trailer.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmcmurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:28pm
I have had problems with the cheap walmart camco regulators. There a better regulators at camping world but they cost more. I chased my tail for quite a while over no water when hooked up to a parks water supply. The regulator was bad and didn't allow any water to come into the pod.
Karl, Kerri and the hounds:: 5.4L '04 Expedition:: 2010 177
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:26pm
Don't forget a water filter.  Funny tummy while camping isn't.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:50pm
I originally bought a plastic pressure regulator...it didn't last long...and I didn't want a defective regulator. I ended up buying a brass regulator.  It has lasted for years...you get what you pay for.
tsunami
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:58pm
The first pressure regulator I bought (brass) wouldn't work if I put it between the hose and the water supply. No water at all. But it WOULD work if I put it between the hose and the trailer. Weirdest thing I ever saw. No explanation other than maybe the hose's flexibility and ability to expand a bit to absorb some of the pressure was enough to allow the regulator to open. This happened at the first 2 campgrounds where I tried to use it. Didn't try a 3rd. Took it back and got another and it works the way it should.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Panama Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panama Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:21pm
I have a brass regulator with a dial.  That way when I hook up my trailer (fauset-hose-filter-regulator-trailer), I can tell if the Walmart disposable filter is getting clogged and needs replacing by looking at the regulator dial.
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:20pm
I never liked the idea that my water hose connected straight into the Pod.  If the water pressure was low the hose always bent and kinked at the fitting.  I bought a brass 90 degree elbow hose fitting.  The fitting screws onto the Pod connection and my brass water pressure regulator is permanently connected to the fitting. That way the hose always comes up vertically and never gets kinked.
It also allows the hose to extend down along the pod side and then lay along the ground. I have tripped on the hose in the dark when it stuck directly out of the Pod side.
tsunami
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic