r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod vs. Vibe or something else

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:17pm
I'd only try that if it was rip-roaring trying to get in.

Perhaps the best bear deterrent would be our two dogs that travel with us. They'd sound the alarm if nothing else.

I tell you what no jogger gets past our house that we don't hear about from those two. Angry
Lighting a candle, not cursing the darkness
"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
TV: 2010 F150
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:46pm
I second the request for info on what usb cable allows you to turn you laptop into a TV.  Please and thank you.
I can't stop dreaming about June 15, 2013 when we get to permanently escape in our "Escape Pod" which is a 176T towed by a Chevy van with a 5.7L engine.
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 12:22am
I purchased a Happauge brand converter that plugs into a usb port on your computer.  At the other end is a connector in which you connect a cable that connects to the campground tv cable.  Run the program and you watch tv on your computer screen.  Even comes with a small remote to change channels with.  Neat and easy.  I usually do all my purchases on Amazon so I would look there.  Cost was about $50, if I remember correctly.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 9:44am
Was told that instead of bear spray, where the bear has to get fairly close, use wasp/hornet spray, those things spray a heck of a lot farther than bear spray and work just a well. It gives you some extra running time...
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
thebegbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebegbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 9:47am
Yes! Wasp spray works great on lots of bad animals (it's a nerve agent - which probably won't kill them - but does some serious short-term nerve issues) - good stuff to keep around - way better than pepper spray.
'12 r-pod 177
2008 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 V6
Father of 3 Boy Scouts and yes, we cram 5 family members in our 177!
When is the next camping trip? Because I'm ready for a vacation!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic