r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

flushing fresh water tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:15am
Here are the instructions straight from Forest River's website. If you go to their homepage, an owner's manual, quite generic, is available in PDF format.

This is a cut and paste from that document.

Sanitize the System:
• Prepare a chlorine solution using a gallon of water and ¼ cup of liquid household bleach, (5%
sodium hypochlorinate solution.) Use one gallon of solution for each 15 gallons of tank capacity.
• With an empty tank and all faucets and drains closed, pour the solution into the fresh water tank.
• Completely fill the tank with fresh water.
• Switch on the water pump. Open all faucets one at a time until all air is purged and the water
flows freely.
• Again, add fresh water to the tank until the water level reaches the fill spout.
• Allow the solution to stand in the tank, undisturbed, for at least 3 (three) hours.
• Drain the system by opening all faucets and the fresh water tank drain valve, while flushing the
system with fresh water of drinking quality.
• Continue flushing the system, allowing the water to flow for several minutes.
• Close the tank drain valve and all faucets. Refill the system with water of known drinking quality
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:29pm
Yes, the quarter turn hose valve I put on my water tank drain was purchased at a garden store.
It is just an inexpensive plastic hose valve.  You can buy a brass version...but I went with plastic...much cheaper and immune to any road spray corrosion.
tsunami
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by tsunami tsunami wrote:

It is just an inexpensive plastic hose valve.

Thanks.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic