r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Western Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 6:56am
Winterize in WA? I've never winterized in WA. We did camp all year long though.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
bhamster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 8:47am
How do you keep your pod from freezing then? I've been to Olympia before when the temps were in the teens. A day or two like that stored outside and you'll be in trouble.
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:42am
There have been a number of inquiries from both forums.  So here is what I'm suggesting.  I looked into the Astoria area and there is a nice Good Sam campground in Gearhart, Bud's Rv Park and Campground.  They have a grocery and bait shop.  So you have a choice for your meals.  That is an easy 19 miles from Astoria.  I'm planning on the weekend of Sept.  14-16th.  They rent crab traps for those who want to try their hands at crabbing.  Remember you need a shellfish license to catch crabs.  Astoria is nearby with a world class maritime museum.  Lots to see and do on the coast.  They have full hookups for all.  Just got off the phone with the campground and they will get back to me.  I do need to have some idea of how many trailers we can expect.  Will report more when I hear.  So block out those dates.  P.S. One of the attendees is currently on a trip from Washington State to Alaska.  They will be back in time, and I'm sure they would be happy to give a fireside chat on their travels.  Should be very interesting.  Anyway that's where we are at the moment.  Send me a note if you will attend ASAP.  Safe Travels.  
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 1:46pm
Just made a reservation at Circle Creek RV Park.  Had very good ratings and is a Good Sam park.  They are holding 6 spaces for us.  I have already reserved a spot for ourselves.  We are going to be there Sept. 14-16th.  The campground is in Seaside just a mile or so south of Gearhart.  After further checking in the Trailer Life Directory and online this seems a nicer venue.  There will probably be a herd of wild Elk near the park for viewing.  All that can be done at the coast is available.  Still planning to do some crabbing.  All are full hookups and our rate is $38.  If you prefer to contact directly, the phone number is 503-738-6070.  Please let me know who will be attending.  Looking forward to this with you all.  If you make a reservation let them know you are with the RPOD Group.  Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
Purdycat87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdycat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:16pm
I guess I better get our passports renewed right away. Anyone else have children?
I'm a widow but keeping camping going for my 2 kids in our 2011 176T with a 2007 Odyssey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:17pm
For those of you who are thinking of attending, for those with 4 wheel drive you can drive on the beach, in Gearhart, and for the shoppers, there are factory outlet stores.  Bring your checkbooks.  Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
bob & Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob & Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:54pm

Planning on attending at this time. 

r-Pod 171
2010 Toyota Tacoma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 1:16am
Great to have you aboard. Might suggest making a reservation now and paying for one night.  Fully refundable up to a week in advance.  Will help in planning for how many.  When calling the campground tell them you are with the Rpod Group. Will you also be participants in the three legged race?  Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
geklund View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geklund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 1:25am
Gary and Claudia Eklund are planning to attend the Western Roundup.  We have just succesfully completed a trip UP the Alaska highway with our rPod 182G HRE from Sequim Washington.  We are in Seward Alaska right now and heading over to Homer tomorrow.  Love'n it so far.  Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:19am
Yea.  The Eklunds have agreed to give a campfire chat on Sat. evening about their Alaska trip.  Should be fascinating.  I hope all bring cameras.  Also, since I and others are novices in posting photos to the forums, possibly someone could give a chat about how to post pics.  I will bring a laptop so that a demo will be possible.  Please make reservations if you plan to attend ASAP and let me know so I can add you to our list.  Possibly a potluck on Friday for all those who make it down early?  Looking forward to meeting you all.  Safe Travels.
2005 Chev. Tahoe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic