r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Western Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by bhamster bhamster wrote:

How do you keep your pod from freezing then? I've been to Olympia before when the temps were in the teens. A day or two like that stored outside and you'll be in trouble.

I blow out the lines and empty the tanks. It takes about 5 mins of your time.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
bhamster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Kenn Kenn wrote:

I blow out the lines and empty the tanks. It takes about 5 mins of your time.

Sounds like winterizing to me Smile I'd be lucky if I could get my air compressor out in 5 minutes.
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 8:04pm
The D/W and I are 50/50 on being there.  Just have to find out what are calendar is like then.

WWRBeer
WWRon,2012 RP177 HRE "Eye Pod",2010 Ford F-150 4x4
9/11 Never Forget.
NRA Life Member, Amsoil dealer www.lubedealer.com/wallawallaron
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 8:33pm
Love to have you join us.  I'm awaiting the campfire chat about the Alaska run.  Could possibly do it ourselves next year.  Anyway, come if you can.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 9:27am
Just made a reservation at Circle Creek RV Park.  Had very good ratings and is a Good Sam park.  They are holding 6 spaces for us.  I have already reserved a spot for ourselves.  We are going to be there Sept. 14-16th.  The campground is in Seaside just a mile or so south of Gearhart.  After further checking in the Trailer Life Directory and online this seems a nicer venue.  There will probably be a herd of wild Elk near the park for viewing.  All that can be done at the coast is available.  Still planning to do some crabbing.  All are full hookups and our rate is $38.  If you prefer to contact directly, the phone number is 503-738-6070.  Please let me know who will be attending.  Looking forward to this with you all.  Safe Travels.

P. S. Mention that your with the Rpod group.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 8:20pm
Just want to know if anyone is planing on being there before Friday and staying till Monday?
Will know latter this week if I can get time off from work.
WWRBeer
9/11 Never Forget.
Purdycat87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdycat87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 1:32am
My son is in the final running to make it onto the Rep soccer team.  If he makes it on the team its likely that the first game would be that weekend, and we couldn't miss the game. (would REALLY look bad).  I also have to look into finances etc.  by the time I renew our 3 passports, and pay for the ferry 2 ways with the trailer - it could become too pricy for a weekend. It would take us ALL day to drive in and another day back home, leaving us only Sat to truly enjoy it.  :(   We'll see... I WANT to come.

I'm a widow but keeping camping going for my 2 kids in our 2011 176T with a 2007 Odyssey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 8:48am
 ferry 2 ways with the trailer - i
[/QUOTE]

What is the cost for the ferry from U.S.A. to Canada round trip?

WWRBeer
9/11 Never Forget.
bhamster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 9:01am
Depends on the number of people and which route you take. When we go to Victoria through BC Ferries without a trailer it still ends up being a few hundred dollars for just two people and a toddler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallawallaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 9:08am
My wife and I are planning on going up to BC next year.  Pulling the POD 2 adults 2 small dogs.
Can one get price information from one of the Ferry companies?
Thanks
WWR
9/11 Never Forget.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic